Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SMECO failing to send bill

I have had problems twice with SMECO not sending paper bills and then being hit with the late charges. The first time I was told that once you pay electronically 3 times in a row, they automatically switch you to paperless billing. I said that was a BS policy, especially without informing the person it was being done. I think that was just an excuse and they screwed up, but didn't want to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    I've had so many problems not receiving my mail at Leonardtown Post Office over the years.
    Me too and the strangest thing is...I have a PO Box.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    I am far from elderly .
    By whose standards??
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    By whose standards??
    Probably the imperial standard (meaning Queen Elizabeth [91] and Prince Philip [96] ).

Online bill pay with your bank. I use bill pay from Navy federal and it is connected to most major companies so that the bill is delivered right to the page you pay from. I set up recurring payments that I can control (lif i need to shift a day, or stop it to dispute etc)as well as one time payments all in one place. Im really suprised more people dont use it. I can look at all my bills for the month in one glance
    First secure an independent income, then practice virtue

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    By whose standards??
    I am younger than you so....

Quote Originally Posted by John Z View Post

Fun side story. Apparently with NFCU e-bill payment, some of the little companies still get a paper check from NFCU when I pay via e-billing. My trash company levied a late charge for a recent quarterly bill that was credited 5 days late. I had evidence of paying it on time, but the trash companies accounts person said she actually gets paper checks, and swears she checks their post office box every day. So I now have to adjust for possible slow mail delivery when I electronically pay my bill. What a wonderful modern world!
    Fight that late charge. Legally, a bill is paid once you send it out (technically, when it changes hands from you to PO). Every accounts receivable person in the world will try to tell you differently, but they are wrong. Bills are paid when they leave your hands. And not that it matters, but have you double-checked the paper check thing with NFCU? In this digital age, that seems really hard to believe - much easier that the trash company has an inexperienced accounts person...

Quote Originally Posted by inkah View Post
    Fight that late charge. Legally, a bill is paid once you send it out (technically, when it changes hands from you to PO). Every accounts receivable person in the world will try to tell you differently, but they are wrong. Bills are paid when they leave your hands. And not that it matters, but have you double-checked the paper check thing with NFCU? In this digital age, that seems really hard to believe - much easier that the trash company has an inexperienced accounts person...
    No he's right. with NFCU, if I use e-bill pay, they send a paper check to my insurance company. But if I go to my ins. co website and pay thru there, entering in all my info online...it pays it electronically without cutting a paper check. But this doesn't happen with all companies I could use e-bill pay with.
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Members who have read this thread: 83