BLM - "Don't pull it out!" gets somehow interpreted as "you said to get his ID out."

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
[video=youtube;z1ac7Zblqyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ac7Zblqyk&feature=youtu.be&t=1m33s[/video]
Philando Castillo case. Police dashcam proves the smartass woman in the car lied. "Good shooting" by Yanez

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The lies Diamond Reynolds told

[video=youtube;6DUfa4LTgOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DUfa4LTgOs[/video]

glhs837

Power with Control
Funny to hear her flat out lie about what the officer said. And how she was more focussed on telling a story than anything else.

Chris0nllyn

[video=youtube;z1ac7Zblqyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ac7Zblqyk&feature=youtu.be&t=1m33s[/video]
Philando Castillo case. Police dashcam proves the smartass woman in the car lied. "Good shooting" by Yanez

It proves the police officer's story is a stretch and our society is so ingrained with the idea that police can do no wrong which lead to the ruling.

A use-of-force expert testified Wednesday that there was “absolutely no reason” for officer Jeronimo Yanez to believe Philando Castile was the armed suspect in a robbery days earlier, although a nonworking brake light was enough grounds for a legal traffic stop.

“It’s my opinion that the use of deadly force was objectively unreasonable,” said the prosecution’s witness, Jeffrey Noble. “He was simply a black man who drove by the convenience store four days later.”

http://www.startribune.com/use-of-f...al-for-philando-castile-shooting/427033361/#1

glhs837

Power with Control
It proves the police officer's story is a stretch and our society is so ingrained with the idea that police can do no wrong which lead to the ruling.

http://www.startribune.com/use-of-f...al-for-philando-castile-shooting/427033361/#1

What part of his story is a stretch? That he thought that the one of occupants of the vehicle might be the suspect? Note that the use of force expert is not an unbiased source of information....

Kelly tried to put a dent in Noble’s credibility during cross-examination, getting Noble to admit that his work analyzing police use of force is not a science, that he earned six figures annually for the past three years as an expert witness and that he was paid about $20,000 by the Ramsey County attorney’s office for his work on the Yanez case.

So, how do you keep making six figures a year as an expert witness? By being one who give the lawyers what they want to hear. A lot of this subjective. Monday morning quarterbacking by someone paid to find every little thing to support the paid for case. the officer never told him to reach for anything, and in fact told him to NOT reach for anything. Hell, I, who carries nothing but a three inch folding knife in my car make a damn sure point of NEVER reaching for anything that I have not already told the officer what I'm doing. But I don't have to reach for squat because I get all that crap in one easy to reach place and have done all reaching for it before the officer even gets up to my door. And keep my hands in sight on the wheel as he approaches and keep them there until he asks for the stuff which is in plain sight.

black dog

Free America
It's really quite amazing that a forum full of people that love the 2A aren't talking more about this.

Well some of us have lives away from here I suppose..

What's to discuss?
The officer had asked him for his license and registration already..
Was he reaching for his wallet or the handgun??????
The officer never saw a firearm on the victim, the officer admitted the victims part arm was blocking his view from seeing what was really happening..
I'll go with Jury Nullification and nothing more.. a body can view would have told even more information..

Here's the rub I have, Minn law has no right to inform LE that you are carrying until asked if you have a firearm. It's a sad day when a citizen informs a officer that they are carrying a firearm and instantly it turns into non compliance and then a shooting.
I believe that the only thing that saved that officer from being in prison is Jury Nullification...

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

What is the second amendment question raised by the Castille shooting ?

My question too.

The guy had a CCW and told the cop he had a gun. It's what he was supposed to do.

Unfortunately, the officer suspected him of being a criminal because of his "wide nose" and because he matched the description of a guy who robbed a store 4 days earlier. Dark skin, a wide nose, dreadlocks, and glasses.

It depends on who you believe after that.
That Castile was reaching for his wallet to hand the officer the ID he asked for.
Or that Castile was reaching for his weapon.

black dog

Free America
The guy had a CCW and told the cop he had a gun. It's what he was supposed to do.

Unfortunately, the officer suspected him of being a criminal because of his "wide nose" and because he matched the description of a guy who robbed a store 4 days earlier. Dark skin, a wide nose, dreadlocks, and glasses.

That Castile was reaching for his wallet to hand the officer the ID he asked for.

Well the officer stated that Castiles left arm was blocking his vision, and he also stated he never saw a firearm..

glhs837

Power with Control

When did he ask for that ID?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'd like to know what the officer's training was for the instance he realizes he's dealing with someone, seated in a vehicle, carrying a firearm.

My thinking is I can't very well reach for my ID when the officer knows I have a concealed weapon and is telling (yelling at) me not to reach for it. I'm thinking that if there's any confusion, both my hands go back on the steering wheel so the officer sees I'm not a threat.

Sapidus

Seriously. If this was a white guy the NRA would have paid for his legal team and he would be a martyr for the cause.

But because he was black its just one more case of a cop getting away with using poor judgement and another innocent victim being killed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Seriously. If this was a white guy the NRA would have paid for his legal team and he would be a martyr for the cause.

But because he was black its just one more case of a cop getting away with using poor judgement and another innocent victim being killed.

what ifs are easy. Facts, those are hard.

stgislander

PREMO Member

10am... right on time.

black dog

Free America
I'd like to know what the officer's training was for the instance he realizes he's dealing with someone, seated in a vehicle, carrying a firearm.

Just watch Cops or Live PD on TV and view how some departments teach how to abuse the civil Rights of legal gun owners. They have no Right during a traffic stop to see, check, run the serial numbers, unload , disassemble, take control of for" there safety " and on and on. That's one of the reasons so many States have passed laws that citizens have No Duty to Inform.
As gun owners we should never tolerate this behavior from civil servants / agents of the government..