State Department probes Clinton

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
State Department probes Clinton handling of government emails, could pull her security clearance

The State Department has opened a formal inquiry into whether former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her aides mishandled classified information while she was the nation’s top diplomat, Fox News has learned. Despite being under investigation, Clinton and her staffers still have security clearances to access sensitive government information.

The department’s investigation aims to determine whether Clinton and her closest aides violated government protocols by using her private server to receive, hold and transmit classified and top-secret government documents. The department declined to say when its inquiry began, but it follows the conclusion of the FBI’s probe into the matter, which did not result in any actions being taken against Clinton or any of her aides.

[clip]

Meanwhile, Grassley’s committee launched its own inquiry into Clinton’s handling of emails, an inquiry that began in March. Grassley cited among his concerns the July 5 statement of former FBI Director James Comey that the agency found Clinton and her staff members were “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.” Grassley also contended there is “evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information...”

During the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s use of top-secret and classified information on her private server, Comey said there were seven email chains on Clinton’s computer that were classified at the “Top Secret/Special Access Program level.” Another 2,000 emails on her private server were found to have contained information deemed classified now, though not marked classified when sent. In addition, the server also contained 22 top-secret emails deemed too damaging to national security to be released.

Hijinx

State Department probes Clinton handling of government emails, could pull her security clearance

The State Department has opened a formal inquiry into whether former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her aides mishandled classified information while she was the nation’s top diplomat, Fox News has learned. Despite being under investigation, Clinton and her staffers still have security clearances to access sensitive government information.

The department’s investigation aims to determine whether Clinton and her closest aides violated government protocols by using her private server to receive, hold and transmit classified and top-secret government documents. The department declined to say when its inquiry began, but it follows the conclusion of the FBI’s probe into the matter, which did not result in any actions being taken against Clinton or any of her aides.

[clip]

Meanwhile, Grassley’s committee launched its own inquiry into Clinton’s handling of emails, an inquiry that began in March. Grassley cited among his concerns the July 5 statement of former FBI Director James Comey that the agency found Clinton and her staff members were “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.” Grassley also contended there is “evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information...”

During the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s use of top-secret and classified information on her private server, Comey said there were seven email chains on Clinton’s computer that were classified at the “Top Secret/Special Access Program level.” Another 2,000 emails on her private server were found to have contained information deemed classified now, though not marked classified when sent. In addition, the server also contained 22 top-secret emails deemed too damaging to national security to be released.

I would assume an email chain means more than one email.
Anyway assumption or not, it's only take a year or so for the State Department to get around to thinking about canceling Hillary's clearance.
Now that's what I call efficiency.
Those people are right on the ball.
They should be complimented for their timely actions.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

NTNG

So why is it that Mrs. Clinton, the FORMER Sec. of State, and her "aids" STILL have clearances to classified materials? What happened to " need to know" as one of the basic tenants of OP/COM sec?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So why is it that Mrs. Clinton, the FORMER Sec. of State, and her "aids" STILL have clearances to classified materials? What happened to " need to know" as one of the basic tenants of OP/COM sec?

I had that thought as well ...... she has been out of the JOB how long :shrug:

I guess some Obama Flunky figured why bother, H+ will be the next president

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had that thought as well ...... she has been out of the JOB how long :shrug:

I guess some Obama Flunky figured why bother, H+ will be the next president

That is the very first thing that should happen when you no longer have the need to know. If I had handled my employees like these dimwits run the gubberment, I would be sharing a living space with Bubba. This alone ought to send someone to prison.

I'm sick and tired of the privileged class not playing by the same rules as us commoners. I'm fairly sure old Brock would never get a clearance, in the real world. How does just being elected make you eligible? It's time to change the rules. Thank God that POS is out of office.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I'm sick and tired of the privileged class not playing by the same rules as us commoners.

I know it's easy to become irate about anyone who does what she's accused of. But, in the normal course of events, when someone leaves government service (e.g., the military) and they had a security clearance, it is not unusual for them to retain that clearance until it's normal expiration date. That allows military members to take after-service jobs which require a security clearance (they can start work almost immediately rather than wait several months for a new clearance to be approved.

Given that Hillary has been shown to be irresponsible with State secrets, it would have been encumbent for John Kerry's DOS to have removed her clearance in July 2016. Up until that time, she was either unaffected by the rumors or under investigation. Soon as Comey made his July 2016 report to the world, Kerry's DOS should have jerked her clearance and possibly the clearances of her former staff (if they were no longer in DOS jobs.)

stgislander

PREMO Member
Why more investigations? Wasn't this investigated to hell and back. Even Comey said the @#$% she did was illegal.