Only 5.7 million illegal votes?

SamSpade

I think I am more amused by the study which the liberal media took as gospel declaring there had been NO illegals that voted.
I can't even begin to comment on anything so totally absurd.

It reminds me of when I was looking at international data on homicides, gun homicides and suicides. One fact that popped up was - there were NO suicides in Egypt. Zero.
Because that's against Islam. So it never happens. Ditto what a Muslim friend told me about being Muslim and gay - since they were incompatible - there aren't any.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ditto what a Muslim friend told me about being Muslim and gay - since they were incompatible - there aren't any.

depends on wither the parties are involved are romantic or it is a masters power over his slaves

[covered in detail in The Sword and the Profit]

SamSpade

The Greeks had a similar differentiation.

Personally, I do not.

Personally, I think my Muslim friend was intending to say that any Muslim who said he was gay cannot any longer be Muslim - it's day or night. One negates the other.
I don't think he was trying to say there weren't any gay people in the Middle East who went around calling themselves Muslim - just, they weren't Muslim.

This_person

Personally, I think my Muslim friend was intending to say that any Muslim who said he was gay cannot any longer be Muslim - it's day or night. One negates the other.
I don't think he was trying to say there weren't any gay people in the Middle East who went around calling themselves Muslim - just, they weren't Muslim.

I suspect if we're talking the Middle East, if you admit you are a homosexual you are more likely to be dead than allowed to just not be a Muslim.

philibusters

For what its worth the study is not estimating 5.7 million illegals voted. It is estimating somewhere between 600,000 and and 5.7 million voted which is a really large spread. I would assume that means if you make a lot of assumptions that involve people tending not vote illegally you would be at 600,000 and if you make the opposite assumptions you would be at 5.7 million.

philibusters

I think I am more amused by the study which the liberal media took as gospel declaring there had been NO illegals that voted.
I can't even begin to comment on anything so totally absurd.

It reminds me of when I was looking at international data on homicides, gun homicides and suicides. One fact that popped up was - there were NO suicides in Egypt. Zero.
Because that's against Islam. So it never happens. Ditto what a Muslim friend told me about being Muslim and gay - since they were incompatible - there aren't any.

I think that zero number comes from a Richman and Earnest paper called Electoral Studies. It didn't say that there were zero illegal votes, they said the percentage of illegal votes was zero meaning that that there was such a small amount of them when rounded to the nearest number it would be zero.

I think the Washington Times kind of purposely misrepresented them what they said. There is a difference between saying there were zero illegal votes and saying the percentage of illegal votes is zero. In one case you saying it never happens and in the other case you are saying there may be isolated incidents here and there but its so inconsequential that it really doesn't register.

Last edited:

SamSpade

I think that zero number comes from a Richman and Earnest paper called Electoral Studies. It didn't say that there were zero illegal votes, they said the percentage of illegal votes was zero meaning that that there was such a small amount of them when rounded to the nearest number it would be zero.

The numbers shown in this article however make it relevant. Usually the first argument I get from someone about illegals voting - or even plain old voter fraud - is *first*, it doesn't happen (which is ridiculous and easily disproved) and when you SHOW that it is not true, the response THEN is, it's insignificant. This is to bolster the argument they hold that requiring ID to vote amounts to suppression of votes - an argument that NEVER makes sense because elderly, poor, minorities all require SOME simple form of ID just to do ordinary things.

The reason why I do NOT believe it is insignificant is, fraudulent voting - or illegals voting - is not spread evenly over the entire nation's geography. It is concentrated in areas, because illegals are concentrated in areas. We have had two presidential elections where the electoral count could have moved the other way on a VERY small number of voters. It DOES matter.

And I've said often, that as much as people pule and whine about voters being disenfranchised, a vote cast illegally disenfranchises all of us.