Nice job, Barry!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How many does that make to date? Someone needs to start a counter on how many of these released felons go back to their former ways. Of course the counter will always be higher since not all of them will be caught. So much for prison sentence reform.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I never equated "pandering to base" with "prison reform"...but I guess it depends on what definition of "reform" is in play...

Barry viewed prison sentences as racist. A lot of the people he set free(just like Abe) were drug offenders. Those with lots of prior convictions, like the lady in the original post, was a career felon that deserved the sentence she got. Some how being a minority & dealing drugs is the new get out of jail early card. Or at least it was until the new sheriff arrived in town.

FWIW Bill Clinton's 1994 crime bill is what put all these people away.

[FONT=&quot]US president Barack Obama is moving quickly to make his last stamp on the criminal justice system before leaving office in January. He just reduced the sentences of 79 people in prison for non-violent drug crimes, bringing his total to more than 1,000 commutations.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A [/FONT]statement by the White House[FONT=&quot] said the actions are meant to reduce the effect of “outdated and unduly harsh sentencing laws.”

[/FONT]
https://qz.com/844035/barack-obama-has-now-commuted-the-sentences-of-more-than-1000-people-in-prison-for-drug-crimes/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He said the theft involved $60 of laundry detergent that she planned to sell to buy drugs

Now, lets think about this:

Supposedly nicotine is just as addictive - maybe even more so! - than heroin or cocaine or whatever. That is what the "studies" keep telling us, and that is the legalization mantra, supported by the anti-smoking zealots.

Yet you never hear about anyone robbing and stealing to buy cigarettes. Like, ever.

That's because cigarettes are legal!

Right, Prognella, but they still cost money.

You never hear of anyone neglecting their children because they were strung out on cigarettes.
Never hear of anyone becoming a prostitute to support their nicotine habit.
And you certainly never hear of anyone dying of a cigarette overdose.

At what point do we, as sentient beings, realize that most of what we are fed is bull####, and stop gobbling it up? Honestly, whenever I hear someone barf back up the propaganda the media overlords are trying to program us with, I think, "What a dumbass." Their intelligence immediately goes down in my estimation, and I reflexively disregard anything else they might have to say.

The prog indoctrination on drugs is just one example. We apparently love being lied to and are too lazy and stupid to think for ourselves, even when reality is right there in front of our face plain as day.

This_person

Yet you never hear about anyone robbing and stealing to buy cigarettes. Like, ever.

Why would you steal to buy cigarettes when you can just steal cigarettes:

http://wnep.com/2015/07/20/man-caught-after-stealing-cigarettes/

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/01/13/...ling-cigarettes-and-lottery-tickets-arrested/

http://www.cbs46.com/story/35272004...-500-worth-of-cigarettes-from-covington-store

http://newsvader.com/id/17255947493

http://sandrarose.com/2014/08/police-mike-brown-stole-cigars-in-earlier-robbery/

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...nd-cigarette-theft-suspect-arrested/88832816/

You never hear of anyone neglecting their children because they were strung out on cigarettes.

"Strung out"? No. But, how about outside while the kids are in, just to smoke. Or, physically harming the kids with smoking in front of them?

Uh, no. But, cigarettes are much cheaper and more readily available.

Now I know you're kidding. Right? I mean, you've never heard of the lung cancer caused by the alpha-particles being stuck in the lungs from cigarette smoke?

At what point do we, as sentient beings, realize that most of what we are fed is bull####, and stop gobbling it up? Honestly, whenever I hear someone barf back up the propaganda the media overlords are trying to program us with, I think, "What a dumbass." Their intelligence immediately goes down in my estimation, and I reflexively disregard anything else they might have to say.

The prog indoctrination on drugs is just one example. We apparently love being lied to and are too lazy and stupid to think for ourselves, even when reality is right there in front of our face plain as day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with smoking, so long as you keep the second-hand smoke away from me and my family. Same with drugs - but, they're illegal so until you can convince people to make them legal the laws MUST be enforced, else we are a lawless nation.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
He said the theft involved $60 of laundry detergent that she planned to sell to buy drugs

Now, lets think about this:

Supposedly nicotine is just as addictive - maybe even more so! - than heroin or cocaine or whatever. That is what the "studies" keep telling us, and that is the legalization mantra, supported by the anti-smoking zealots.

That's because cigarettes are legal!

Wouldn't they just steal the cigarettes??

I mean why rob somebody and chance 10 years in prison for something you can shoplift and get a summons for??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why would you steal to buy cigarettes when you can just steal cigarettes:

So if someone steals a bike or a car, that means cars and bikes are addictive? If someone steals your phone or laptop, that means they're addicted to electronics? If they steal jewelry, that means they're addicted to bling?

Those things are stolen either for personal use....or to sell to buy drugs. Nobody steals your car so they can chop it, sell it, and buy...cigarettes.

"Strung out"? No. But, how about outside while the kids are in, just to smoke. Or, physically harming the kids with smoking in front of them?

How about women who leave their kids to bake in the car while they get their nails done? Or go boink with their boo? Does that mean manicures kill? And sex kills?

The cigarette is not the direct cause of the child neglect, whereas being so strung out on drugs that you cannot function is. And I want to point out that millions - trillions if you count Asia - of people smoke their asses off around their kids with no ill effect. If second hand smoke was really a killer, the Chinese would be extinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

Uh, no. But, cigarettes are much cheaper and more readily available.

Now I know you're kidding. Right? I mean, you've never heard of the lung cancer caused by the alpha-particles being stuck in the lungs from cigarette smoke?

According to the media and the American Lung Association, pretty much everything causes cancer. Dying eventually perhaps of lung cancer isn't even remotely the same thing as accidentally ODing on heroin and you know it.

Your argument is flawed and full of strawmen. I'm sort of insulted that you didn't bother to make a better case.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
How many does that make to date? Someone needs to start a counter on how many of these released felons go back to their former ways. Of course the counter will always be higher since not all of them will be caught. So much for prison sentence reform.

This is the same woman who was posted to the forum last week.

This_person

So if someone steals a bike or a car, that means cars and bikes are addictive? If someone steals your phone or laptop, that means they're addicted to electronics? If they steal jewelry, that means they're addicted to bling?

Those things are stolen either for personal use....or to sell to buy drugs. Nobody steals your car so they can chop it, sell it, and buy...cigarettes.

Um, well, maybe not individually. But, people steal what they want, or what they can sell to buy what they want. While I get your point, I did not realize your previous point was that cigarettes are not addictive. I think they are, but like many addictive things they are not addictive to some, highly addictive to some, and moderately addictive to others. I didn't think that was even in dispute. I thought your previous position was that cigarettes are not as much of a problem because they are legal, and thus more readily available.

How about women who leave their kids to bake in the car while they get their nails done? Or go boink with their boo? Does that mean manicures kill? And sex kills?

The cigarette is not the direct cause of the child neglect, whereas being so strung out on drugs that you cannot function is. And I want to point out that millions - trillions if you count Asia - of people smoke their asses off around their kids with no ill effect. If second hand smoke was really a killer, the Chinese would be extinct.

I'm sure you're kidding, since there aren't trillions of people on the planet (not even tens of billions), or, you're talking over time. But, I can agree the cigarette is not the direct cause of the neglect; it is the addiction to the cigarette that makes the mom/dad make poor choices. Whether that addiction is to gambling, or getting one's nails done, or boinking, or smoking legal tobacco or wacky tobakky or buying things off of Amazon or chugging your favorite wine until you can't see straight - it is the addiction that is the problem, not the thing one is addicted to.

I don't know what Prognella is, but I'm sure there's a funny story there.

Yes, they cost money. If someone is addicted to a cheaper and more readily-available thing, it's easier to fit that into one's lifestyle with a legal and non-degrading job.

According to the media and the American Lung Association, pretty much everything causes cancer. Dying eventually perhaps of lung cancer isn't even remotely the same thing as accidentally ODing on heroin and you know it.

I do. One is a long, drawn out, expensive, painful, and completely avoidable death at a much earlier age than would otherwise happen. The other is a short, painful, and completely avoidable death at a much earlier age than would otherwise happen.

Your argument is flawed and full of strawmen. I'm sort of insulted that you didn't bother to make a better case.

:lol:

I will try harder next time

luvmygdaughters

Sorry, but do gangs go to war over cigarettes? Do drive-by shootings happen because someone was selling cigarettes on someone elses "turf? I dont think I've read a story about some couple overdosing on cigarettes in the car, with their small children in the backseat. I dont believe anyone has overdosed on cigarettes, just to be brought back by a dose of some free medication, 4 times in one week. As far as lung cancer goes, known several people who have had it...NEVER SMOKED A DAY IN THEIR LIFE!! And then there are the ones who have smoked since they were born and never had cancer. Not only that, with all the chemicals they're putting in your food today, cigarettes have dropped way off from the major cancer causing product. Think about it, so many people have quit smoking, no new smokers coming up. But, is there any decrease in the the amount of cancer diagnosed?