Dig around the cooler for a fresh beer

Check email

Check facebook updates

Take a leak

Check Rifle scope

Hit! Score

black dog

Free America
That's about a 4 1/2 second delivery time,. I'm sure when the spotter told the shooter was told it was a hit... He went no ####ing way... That was a triple hail Mary...

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

I don't know. Without video proof, I'm a gonna haf to call BS on this one.

Rumor in the shooting world is there is a video, if it's ever going to go public, thats another story. This was done with a 50 bmg Cartridge..
The now #2 at 7,000 yards was done with a 338 Lapua's..
I think that was a much better accomplishment..

At both of those distances it's easy for a accomplished shooter to miss buy well over 100 yards.
Just 1/10th of a mil is huge at those distances.
That tells me that quality of today's machining and quality of today's cartridge components.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Rumor in the shooting world is there is a video, if it's ever going to go public, thats another story. This was done with a 50 bmg Cartridge..
The now #2 at 7,000 yards was done with a 338 Lapua's..
I think that was a much better accomplishment..

At both of those distances it's easy for a accomplished shooter to miss buy well over 100 yards.
Just 1/10th of a mil is huge at those distances.
That tells me that quality of today's machining and quality of today's cartridge components.
I'd say it was a much better accomplishment also, that's almost 4 miles.

black dog

Free America
Damn, sorry I don't feel all that well, I have never had any hay fevor in my like this. Its tough to work at a desk or weld with a steady stream nonstop snot for hours.
Give me a bit to find what I need..

black dog

Free America
The target could have easily have gotten up and walked 25 ft away by the time the projectile got there.

Yes that could easily happen. ..

all in all damned impressive shooting, just the optics with mounting base and rings one could buy a nice used car..

direxpgw

I guarantee that shooter was still surprised he hit the target. No matter how many calcs you do for that distance, there is a huge luck factor involved. I think with modern sniper rifles and optics it will still be tough to get a first rd hit at 1500 yds. The 50 bmg is really not the ideal long range sniping tool, although there have been some impressive hits. Like anything, you hear about the hits and not so much all of the misses that almost certainly precluded those shots. The inconsistency in ammo alone, with all else being perfect, would probably account for variations of 10-20 ft at those distances, and that's with high precision hand loads. I don't call bs on the shot. I'm sure he made it. But I would bet on a good day that same shooter would probably miss 19/20 shots at that range. You are hearing about the one that he hit. It's next to impossible to make a "reliable" hit at that range.

PeoplesElbow

Is it possible he fired at a group of people and got one? Would that still count?

That's sort of what I was thinking, calling the 5 ball in the corner pocket but the 6 ball goes into the side pocket instead. Good result either way though!