More Turmoil with Steny Hoyer's Obamacare

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Like a cheap horror movie,things keep getting worst. Here's a synopsis of the current news compiled by MarylandReporter.com:

TURMOIL IN HEALTH INSURANCE: The Maryland Insurance Administration held its first hearing Wednesday on the large rate increases being sought by three insurance carriers selling health plans to individuals on the state exchange. The hearing came as another carrier decided to pull out of the market. Cigna Health and Life Insurance Co. follows UnitedHealthcare, which stopped selling plans last year, Meredith Cohn reports for the Sun.

HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL OPPOSED:
A majority of voters in deeply red (Republican) congressional districts oppose the health care overhaul approved by the House last month, a finding that could complicate efforts to get the legislation to President Donald J. Trump's desk, according to a University of Maryland poll released Wednesday. John Fritze of the Sun writes that the survey, conducted by the University of Maryland's Program for Public Consultation, found that 63% of voters in "very red" districts opposed the American Health Care Act while voters in "red" or "leans red" districts were against it 63% and 60%, respectively.

---

So, in addition to the massive rate increases last year, they're asking for up to another 60% rate increase this year. Who'd have thunk it? Have the government mandate that the citizen must buy a product from a private company and not expect them to take advantage of it and jack the rates up to the moon...and by "them" I mean the insurance carriers and the "health" industries including doctors, hospitals, and drug manufacturers. After all, all of these businesses are run by Jesus and his disciples and they would never think to be greedy.

...And they had the nerve to call it the AFFORDABLE Care Act.

Kinda like when the Fed created easy money after the tech stock bubble burst and the subsequent cash flood sent real estate prices to the moon. Or when the government decided that everyone deserves a college education, even stupid people, and college tuition shot to the moon leaving tons of "students" encumbered with debts they may never pay off.

Of course, according to heir Hoyer, it is Trump's fault (oh wait, Trump wasn't in office last year when the big increases went thru...) Dems even tried to label it TrumpCare, but that didn't stick.

There's a theory out there that they knew this thing would go this route, create a crisis, and then allow them to pass single payer insurance to allow complete control of everyone. I guess time will tell. Personally, I suspect the Dems were just bought off by the medical industries and also saw it as a chance to appease some voters and really didn't care where it ended up.

P.S. I'm not a Republican either. I used to think they sucked more than the Dems, but the tides have turned.

P.S.S. If you ever come across one of the knuckleheads who argues how great the ACA is, just stop them from talking for a sec and ask them who pays the lion's share of their insurance premiums. My bet is that it ain't them.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Like a cheap horror movie,things keep getting worst. Here's a synopsis of the current news compiled by MarylandReporter.com:

TURMOIL IN HEALTH INSURANCE: The Maryland Insurance Administration held its first hearing Wednesday on the large rate increases being sought by three insurance carriers selling health plans to individuals on the state exchange. The hearing came as another carrier decided to pull out of the market. Cigna Health and Life Insurance Co. follows UnitedHealthcare, which stopped selling plans last year, Meredith Cohn reports for the Sun.

HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL OPPOSED:
A majority of voters in deeply red (Republican) congressional districts oppose the health care overhaul approved by the House last month, a finding that could complicate efforts to get the legislation to President Donald J. Trump's desk, according to a University of Maryland poll released Wednesday. John Fritze of the Sun writes that the survey, conducted by the University of Maryland's Program for Public Consultation, found that 63% of voters in "very red" districts opposed the American Health Care Act while voters in "red" or "leans red" districts were against it 63% and 60%, respectively.

---

So, in addition to the massive rate increases last year, they're asking for up to another 60% rate increase this year. Who'd have thunk it? Have the government mandate that the citizen must buy a product from a private company and not expect them to take advantage of it and jack the rates up to the moon...and by "them" I mean the insurance carriers and the "health" industries including doctors, hospitals, and drug manufacturers. After all, all of these businesses are run by Jesus and his disciples and they would never think to be greedy.

...And they had the nerve to call it the AFFORDABLE Care Act.

Kinda like when the Fed created easy money after the tech stock bubble burst and the subsequent cash flood sent real estate prices to the moon. Or when the government decided that everyone deserves a college education, even stupid people, and college tuition shot to the moon leaving tons of "students" encumbered with debts they may never pay off.

Of course, according to heir Hoyer, it is Trump's fault (oh wait, Trump wasn't in office last year when the big increases went thru...) Dems even tried to label it TrumpCare, but that didn't stick.

There's a theory out there that they knew this thing would go this route, create a crisis, and then allow them to pass single payer insurance to allow complete control of everyone. I guess time will tell. Personally, I suspect the Dems were just bought off by the medical industries and also saw it as a chance to appease some voters and really didn't care where it ended up.

P.S. I'm not a Republican either. I used to think they sucked more than the Dems, but the tides have turned.

P.S.S. If you ever come across one of the knuckleheads who argues how great the ACA is, just stop them from talking for a sec and ask them who pays the lion's share of their insurance premiums. My bet is that it ain't them.

Hoyer is known for doing political favors. His office is good at it. His political favors, not hs competence keep him in office.