Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sunset Cove Waterfront Restuarant

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    He most likely knew my ancestor then, who arrived a couple years earlier. He was supposed to back with the Mayflower but decided to stay :)
    Must have had a lot of stamina to survive those first few years.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Must have had a lot of stamina to survive those first few years.
    I imagine so. Had a young wife to keep him motivated and lived to 89, so his stamina was pretty damn good.... :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We hit Dennis Point Marina's Riverside Pub on Father's Day and it wasn't too bad, but nothing to write home about. The beer was cold and they DBB on tap.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    We hit Dennis Point Marina's Riverside Pub on Father's Day and it wasn't too bad, but nothing to write home about. The beer was cold and they DBB on tap.
    I have not been back there since Rick ran it. We locals (especially those of us who knew him all his life) gave him everything we had...and he still blew it.

It's such a nice spot..but then again..aren't they all?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    It's such a nice spot..but then again..aren't they all?
    And I really think they could have a gold mine if they took advantage of the locations. So much potential unused.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    And I really think they could have a gold mine if they took advantage of the locations. So much potential unused.
    Over the last 40 years I've gone there ....it's been ok..and not ok. A familiar theme.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Over the last 40 years I've gone there ....it's been ok..and not ok. A familiar theme.
    I meant all of them, not just Dennis Point. Some landscaping, etc... would go a long way.

Schiebles is a perfect example. That could be an outstanding location with a little TLC.
    The Brain

I meant all of them, not just Dennis Point. Some landscaping, etc... would go a long way.

Schiebles is a perfect example. That could be an outstanding location with a little TLC.
    I invested about a half million of my personal money trying to make a local waterfront operation work. I failed. It's no where as easy as people think it should be.....

I invested about a half million of my personal money trying to make a local waterfront operation work. I failed. It's no where as easy as people think it should be.....
    I could make some comments and insinuations, but I'll quit while we're ahead...

j/k Yeah, never said it was easy. Sorry yours didn't work out.
    The Brain

Like Clarke's Landing. It totally sucks now. It was on my roster for years, until Stoney's took it over. It's a shame, because I live so close to it and it is a beautiful spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 107