Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bake the cake

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    You're talking to one of Barrys disciples that truly believe in the "You didn't build that!" mantra.
    You do realize that if the government gets in the business of telling business's it is okay to discriminate it is only a matter of time before a
    Court will side with a Muslim shop owner and your fears of Sharia law gripping America will start to come true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    You do realize that if the government gets in the business of telling .
    That's backwards. The government should not be "telling" anyone anything. The government should stick to the very narrow set of tasks assigned it in the Constitution and keep it's grubby mitts out of everything else.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Being religious doesn't elevate your rights over others.

neither does being queer
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Blog Entries
    I am the first one to crack a joke when I'm around people that I know can take it and understand it is actually a joke.
    Yeah. We can see that you are a real hit at parties.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Maryland didn't legalize Marijuana yet, Sapi.

You need to ease up some.

Gay people don't choose to be gay. They are born that way.

..... those studies were never proven

People are NOT born queer
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Take your first sentence and reverse it and you will see exactly my argument. So why just because one is a customer is okay to discriminate against them but if they are the proprietor are they beyond reproach?

Gay people don't choose to be gay. They are born that way. It's the exact same as asking a straight person to not act on their heterosexuality. Religious people actively do choose to be religious.
    I didn't say they chose to be gay. I said they chose their lifestyle. I chose to live a heterosexual lifestyle. I also chose to put my faith in religion. I chose, as does most every person, to live my life the way I want to and there are times when one of my choices doesn't work with a privately owned business, or some other establishment . For example, I don't crack a beer open while in church. I don't bring up theological discourse with my clients or colleagues at work. I have never felt discriminated against,. I simply respect the fact that if it's someone else's 'house', I need to follow their rules.
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    I simply respect the fact that if it's someone else's 'house', I need to follow their rules.
    They dont' understand that concept, because they are an organized alliance of busy-body, control freaks with no manners.

I am the first one to crack a joke when I'm around people that I know can take it and understand it is actually a joke. But when people who want to legally discriminate against gay people or black people or treat them differently make the same jokes it has a different connotation to it
    Personally I could care less if they can take it, if a couple rolls out in public still wearing pajamas and slippers along with silly hair colors and rainbow flag shirts on..
    It's game on..... Don't constantly flaunt your lifestyles and push me to constantly to change my opinions and beliefs on your behalf. And then run to a safe room when your tender rock throwing, glass house feelings are hurt..
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    I didn't say they chose to be gay. I said they chose their lifestyle. I chose to live a heterosexual lifestyle. I also chose to put my faith in religion. I chose, as does most every person, to live my life the way I want to and there are times when one of my choices doesn't work with a privately owned business, or some other establishment . For example, I don't crack a beer open while in church. I don't bring up theological discourse with my clients or colleagues at work. I have never felt discriminated against,. I simply respect the fact that if it's someone else's 'house', I need to follow their rules.
    That's great and that's what most civilized people do.

However the issue is discrimination and when people are still being beaten and killed , denied their civil rights, kept from visiting loved ones in hospitals or jails then it becomes an issue.

And just because your religion tells you the devil is forcing them to live a homosexual lifestyle doesn't mean it's true or that that should have any bearing on them

11. 06-23-2017, 10:23 AM

Members who have read this thread: 99