30 GOP Congressmen Have Been Attacked or Threatened Since May

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
30 GOP Congressmen Have Been Attacked or Threatened Since May

A total of 30 Republican members of Congress have either been attacked or revealed that they were the victim of a death threat since the beginning of May.

May 9: Virginia Rep. Tom Garrett needed heavy security at a town hall after receiving a series of death threats in May that police "deemed to be credible and real."

"This is how we're going to kill your wife," one message said. Others detailed how they would kill his children, and even his dog.

May 12: A town hall participant accosted North Dakota Rep. Kevin Cramer, shoving fake dollar bills into his suit jacket. A Kramer supporter grabbed the same man by the neck. Both men were ejected by law enforcement, but neither were charged.

May 12: A Tucson, Ariz. school district employee was arrested by the FBI for sending several death threats to Arizona Rep. Martha McSally. The man threatened to shoot McSally and told her to "be careful" because her days "were numbered."

May 21: Florida Rep. Ted Yoho described his office getting vandalized by protesters. One female constituent left a voicemail on an office answering machine, promising, "Next time I see you, I'm going to beat your f**king ass."

SamSpade

Liberals will not want to hear this, but violence is the stock and trade of the left across the world.

I think the sentiment has gotten worse as political ideology of the left has morphed from "we disagree" to "you are evil". It's cultish.

Having once been in a religious cult, I can say it's very easy to be dismissive of EVERYTHING someone not of your group says or believes NO MATTER how rational and reasonable and sensible it is - because you've already deemed it as coming from a source that is EVIL. Once you've made that determination, you don't need to listen at all and are free to demonize.

Eventually - when you are IN a cult - and something goes against YOU - you often wake up and realize that THAT attitude can turn on YOU. You have friends, associates and leaders whom you trusted suddenly regard YOUR input as evil, and they don't listen to YOU either. Everyone I know who has left will usually point to an event or two, and members inside will roll their eyes and shrug it off due to disgruntlement (or *SIN*) but basically the member choosing to leave has finally experienced what they've been dishing out to the world for years. The See No Evil, Hear No Evil response.

hotbikermama40

Liberals will not want to hear this, but violence is the stock and trade of the left across the world.

I think the sentiment has gotten worse as political ideology of the left has morphed from "we disagree" to "you are evil". It's cultish.

Having once been in a religious cult, I can say it's very easy to be dismissive of EVERYTHING someone not of your group says or believes NO MATTER how rational and reasonable and sensible it is - because you've already deemed it as coming from a source that is EVIL. Once you've made that determination, you don't need to listen at all and are free to demonize.

Eventually - when you are IN a cult - and something goes against YOU - you often wake up and realize that THAT attitude can turn on YOU. You have friends, associates and leaders whom you trusted suddenly regard YOUR input as evil, and they don't listen to YOU either. Everyone I know who has left will usually point to an event or two, and members inside will roll their eyes and shrug it off due to disgruntlement (or *SIN*) but basically the member choosing to leave has finally experienced what they've been dishing out to the world for years. The See No Evil, Hear No Evil response.

Well said :yeahthat: