Did Votes By Noncitizens Cost Trump The 2016 Popular Vote

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

At the time, we noted that a group called True The Vote, an online anti-voter-fraud website, had claimed that illegals had cast three million votes last year. The media and left-wing groups immediately portrayed True The Vote as a fringe group with little credibility.

The only problem is, a study in 2014 in the online Electoral Studies Journal made a quite similar claim: In the 2008 and 2010 elections, they said, as many as 2.8 million illegal noncitizen votes were cast, "enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes and congressional elections," said the study, authored by Jesse T. Richman and Gushan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

The bombshell was this: "Noncitizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress."

[clip]

Now comes a new study by Just Facts, a libertarian/conservative think tank, that used data from a large Harvard/You.Gov study that every two years samples tens of thousands of voters, including some who admit they are noncitizens and thus can't vote legally.

The findings are eye-opening. In 2008, as many as 5.7 million noncitizens voted in the election. In 2012, as many as 3.6 million voted, the study said.

In 2016, the U.S. Census Bureau estimates that there were 21.0 million adult noncitizens in the U.S., up from 19.4 million in 2008. It is therefore highly likely that millions of noncitizens cast votes in 2016.

Wishbone

System should be setup to use an encrypted key card to vote.

Make it so citizens are the only ones who can get one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Doesn't matter - he's still president. If sour grapes sore loser Hillary people want to cry about popular votes, let 'em.

That's a consistent with them - crybaby sore losers. Remember the 2000 election?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
System should be setup to use an encrypted key card to vote.

Make it so citizens are the only ones who can get one.

Including felons? Lots of citizens don't have the vote so the key card idea needs policies, systems and enforcement.

Wishbone

Including felons? Lots of citizens don't have the vote so the key card idea needs policies, systems and enforcement.

Actually, if their sentences are completed and no additional offenses are committed, yes.

They should get back FULL citizenship's RIGHTS and privileges.

philibusters

At the time, we noted that a group called True The Vote, an online anti-voter-fraud website, had claimed that illegals had cast three million votes last year. The media and left-wing groups immediately portrayed True The Vote as a fringe group with little credibility.

The only problem is, a study in 2014 in the online Electoral Studies Journal made a quite similar claim: In the 2008 and 2010 elections, they said, as many as 2.8 million illegal noncitizen votes were cast, "enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes and congressional elections," said the study, authored by Jesse T. Richman and Gushan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

The bombshell was this: "Noncitizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress."

[clip]

Now comes a new study by Just Facts, a libertarian/conservative think tank, that used data from a large Harvard/You.Gov study that every two years samples tens of thousands of voters, including some who admit they are noncitizens and thus can't vote legally.

The findings are eye-opening. In 2008, as many as 5.7 million noncitizens voted in the election. In 2012, as many as 3.6 million voted, the study said.

In 2016, the U.S. Census Bureau estimates that there were 21.0 million adult noncitizens in the U.S., up from 19.4 million in 2008. It is therefore highly likely that millions of noncitizens cast votes in 2016.

So a couple things there. I don't know the background of Just Facts, but I would guess it is funded by conservative organizations and donors (actually looking at the article, it is referred to as a conservative think tank). That doesn't mean their analysis is not good. Their analysis should be evaluated on their own merits, but it should give some pause. In terms of neutral analysis, probably the Old Dominion study was conducted by the most politically neutral team and not surprisingly their estimates fall somewhere in between Just Facts and the Liberal study that said illegal votes make up zero percentage of votes cast.

Second, they gave huge spreads for how many illegals voted. For example for 2008 they said between 600,000 and 5.7 million illegals voted. That is a very big spread. 5.7 million is the number that most will remember, but its a little disingenuous to focus exclusively on that number. Lets say better data comes out that puts the number of illegals voting in 2008 to between 1.2 and 1.6 million. The thing is True the Vote would still claim they were right and they would have a point. They gave a huge spread.

Third, this is saying the Democrats got the filibuster proof Senate majority due to illegals. That is possible, but you would need more data to substantiate that. Further, the Democrats only had the filibuster proof Senate majority for less than a year because Ted Kennedy died and a Republican won the special election to replace him.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Actually, if their sentences are completed and no additional offenses are committed, yes.

Including 2A? In all cases?

You and the Democrat governors want to spike the Democrat voters by releasing felons immediately prior to Presidential elections, right?

Wishbone

Including 2A? In all cases?

You and the Democrat governors want to spike the Democrat voters by releasing felons immediately prior to Presidential elections, right?

Don't insinuate I'm a Democrat... Them's Dueling Words Pilgrim! :burning:

My affiliation is primarily Libertarian with a few Conservative positions.

As for your question, Yes. As I said, yes. If they have completed their sentences and are no longer a danger to the community... All rights restored.

If they are still a danger to the community, they don't ####ing belong back on the street.

I also believe in citizens constitutional right to carry at all times, all places as well.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

Yep.. if they are deemed safe enough to be out of prison and parole / probation is done why do they just get some rights back?

Hijinx

Yes in all cases, if your sentence is up all of a citizens God given rights should be returned.

So if a guy has a record of abuse and using a gun in the performance of a crime, has been jailed 2 or 3 times, but has finally served his last term you guys would let him buy another gun.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Don't insinuate I'm a Democrat... Them's Dueling Words Pilgrim! :burning:

My affiliation is primarily Libertarian with a few Conservative positions.

As for your question, Yes. As I said, yes. If they have completed their sentences and are no longer a danger to the community... All rights restored.

If they are still a danger to the community, they don't ####ing belong back on the street.

I also believe in citizens constitutional right to carry at all times, all places as well.

Yep.. if they are deemed safe enough to be out of prison and parole / probation is done why do they just get some rights back?

What if the crime was for spousal abuse? You gonna arm a man who spent time in prison with nothing on his mind besides "I'm gonna get even with THAT bitch"?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What if the crime was for spousal abuse? You gonna arm a man who spent time in prison with nothing on his mind besides "I'm gonna get even with THAT bitch"?

OK. So if he can't buy a gun at the gun store, he's just going to think oh well I can't do it now? If you could somehow make it so every firearm burns in his hand you don't think he would try different weapon? Or as countless examples show beat her to death with his bare hands?

The best solution is if she's armed and blows his ass away if he shows up again. Restraining orders don't do #### as the news exposes all the time.

Like I said before if there still a danger to society they don't belong out.

Hijinx

OK. So if he can't buy a gun at the gun store, he's just going to think oh well I can't do it now? If you could somehow make it so every firearm burns in his hand you don't think he would try different weapon? Or as countless examples show beat her to death with his bare hands?

The best solution is if she's armed and blows his ass away if he shows up again. Restraining orders don't do #### as the news exposes all the time.

Most recidivists don't deserve to be out, however the bleeding hearts feel differently.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

But by your assertion once he's served his time, he's entitled to all the rights of citizenship. No reservations, no exceptions, no thought. If everyone gets their entire rights package at the day they've served their time, you cannot now say 'Oh, but if he's a threat to society he shouldn't be released.'