What do you think about Police checking for unlocked vehicles at your home?

seven

Harford County Sheriff's Office

WOULD YOU BE SURPRISED...
to know we found 61 unlocked vehicles in a single neighborhood last night?!

Last night, deputies with the Community Policing Unit conducted an outreach detail in a neighborhood to help spread the word about how critical it is to lock your car! It is the best deterrent to keep yourself from becoming a victim!

You can see comments on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Harford-County-Sheriffs-Office-75885482706/

luvmygdaughters

Unless you asked them on your property or you were blatantly committing a crime, wouldnt they need your permission or a warrant to come on your property?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'd think they're trespassing. What they hell are they doing messing with my car?

black dog

Free America
Not just the fact they believe they can open anyone's car door without a warrant, what a phenomenal waste of taxpayers money.. Time for a new Sheriff...

Hijinx

Not just the fact they believe they can open anyone's car door without a warrant, what a phenomenal waste of taxpayers money.. Time for a new Sheriff...

I never lock my car at home. Why get a window broken when I don't leave anything valuable in the car.
I seldom lock it anywhere else. Unless I do have something in there I don't want stolen.

Hijinx

Wait until they find the car secured with MagnaVolt.

Much like gun laws only restrict the honest man, Locks only keep the honest people out of the cars.

Now when you are driving through rough neighborhoods of course keep the doors locked,

Grumpy

Reminds me of a couple years ago where Calvert had a little 'checkpoint' to warn about an uptick in crime in my area of the county. 2 Deputies stopped traffic and handed out a pamphlet with a big picture of Evans and tips like 'lock your doors', 'be a good neighbor', blah blah blah...Went home and looked to see if crime in my area was any different than before and found nothing..then I realized the election for sheriff was in 2 weeks..

Wishbone

Reminds me of a couple years ago where Calvert had a little 'checkpoint' to warn about an uptick in crime in my area of the county. 2 Deputies stopped traffic and handed out a pamphlet with a big picture of Evans and tips like 'lock your doors', 'be a good neighbor', blah blah blah...Went home and looked to see if crime in my area was any different than before and found nothing..then I realized the election for sheriff was in 2 weeks..

So basically he found a shifty way to usurp the election laws regarding public employees.

black dog

Free America
Good idea, They can check mine anytime they want..

Then you should email the Sheriff's Office and let them know that's available to them.
And don't forget to cleanup any good schedule drugs that are not in the right prescription bottle..
You don't want a tactical door opening at your home with a pee induced taseing.

officeguy

Just as dumb as the police cadets who are made to 'check' cars in the mall parking lots and to place notices telling you not to keep your 10 year old GPS stored within view.