Women can't revoke consent to sex once underway, NC law states

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Women can't revoke consent to sex once underway, NC law states

State v. Way (297 N.C. 293) states that if [intercourse begins] with the victim's consent, no rape has occurred though the victim later withdraws consent during the same act of intercourse.

A Mecklenburg County Democrat, Jeff Jackson, is looking to get the law changed.

“Legislators are hearing more and more about women who have been raped and are being denied justice because of this crazy loophole,” Jackson told the Fayetteville Observer. “North Carolina is the only state in U.S. where no doesn’t mean no.”

Jackson introduced Senate Bill 553 in late March, looking to change the bill to make it illegal to continue sex once consent is withdrawn. The politician became concerned about this law when he was a prosecutor. Once he became a state lawmaker, he wanted to change things.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“Legislators are hearing more and more about women who have been raped and are being denied justice because of this crazy loophole,” Jackson told the Fayetteville Observer. “North Carolina is the only state in U.S. where no doesn’t mean no.”

If you've consented to sex, you have not been raped. The end.

If you consent, then change your mind mid-stroke, too late. Hopefully you'll be smarter in the future.

If you consent to sex, then later regret it, you have not been raped.

THE END.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WOW.... My dad taught me, and I taught my kid... No means NO... Mid-stroke or not.. no means NO.

That's stupid and presumes that women are ignorant infants who can't even have sex without male supervision.

That's ridiculous and I reject your sexism.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I would hope, by the time a girl decides to lift her skirt, she knows wtf she is doing

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, I'll tell you what I do agree with hammering into your sons: don't pick up a drunk chick at a bar and have sex with her - EVER. The potential for life changing disaster is enormous, for a number of different reasons.

Unfortunately, young men who pick up drunks in bars are typically drunk themselves and their judgement is out the window.

Hijinx

Now, I'll tell you what I do agree with hammering into your sons: don't pick up a drunk chick at a bar and have sex with her - EVER. The potential for life changing disaster is enormous, for a number of different reasons.

Unfortunately, young men who pick up drunks in bars are typically drunk themselves and their judgement is out the window.

Once a woman has agreed to penetration, it's a little late to change her mind.
But I have to admit the guy is definitely up to the high standards set by the majority of men if she decides he has to get off when he is in the short strokes.

Sapidus

If you've consented to sex, you have not been raped. The end.

If you consent, then change your mind mid-stroke, too late. Hopefully you'll be smarter in the future.

If you consent to sex, then later regret it, you have not been raped.

THE END.

Is something wrong with you on a basic genetic level?

How can you be so heartless?

So if a woman starts to have sex with a man consenually using a condom but half way through it breaks and he continues with her screaming "no"well too bad?

What about if half way through he punches her in the face cuz he is into violent sex? " Oh well"

What if halfway through he says oh btw I'm your long lost biological brother?

You do realize that you are sounding dangerously close to "she shouldn't have worn a skirt if she didn't want it"?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Is something wrong with you on a basic genetic level? How can you be so heartless? So if a woman starts to have sex with a man consenually using a condom but half way through it breaks and he continues with her screaming "no"well too bad? What about if half way through he punches her in the face cuz he is into violent sex? " Oh well" What if halfway through he says oh btw I'm your long lost biological brother? You do realize that you are sounding dangerously close to "she shouldn't have worn a skirt if she didn't want it"?

Holy sh*t Batman! You have thrown in so many scenarios not even part of the story. She's not saying anything as such. You are interjecting BS strawman arguments. Besides, I don't think women know if/when a condom breaks, let alone the guy in the heat of the moment.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If I may ...

Holy sh*t Batman! You have thrown in so many scenarios not even part of the story. She's not saying anything as such. You are interjecting BS strawman arguments. Besides, I don't think women know if/when a condom breaks, let alone the guy in the heat of the moment.

SOMEbody's daddy didn't realize the condom broke ...

black dog

Free America

Tell me, I don't have any daughters, but I remember my Father telling my three sisters, don't get drunk and stupid. You might wake-up in the bars parking lot with your a$$hole looking like the angry broccoli and the size of the Lincoln Tunnel....

Do parents with daughters tell them not to drink so much they loose all reasonable thought and inhibitions????

hotbikermama40

Oh...oh, man, you poor thing! It really makes sense now, though. Your daddy is really your uncle, and you're your own first cousin. THAT is just so sad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do parents with daughters tell them not to drink so much they loose all reasonable thought and inhibitions????

I did. Starting when they were around 15ish and began to have a social life that I wasn't involved in. With frequent reminders, and we warned their friends as well just in case their Mommy and Dad fell down on that job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

How can you be so heartless?

So if a woman starts to have sex with a man consenually using a condom but half way through it breaks and he continues with her screaming "no"well too bad?

What about if half way through he punches her in the face cuz he is into violent sex? " Oh well"

You do realize that you are sounding dangerously close to "she shouldn't have worn a skirt if she didn't want it"?

You could use some counseling.

hotbikermama40

Tell me, I don't have any daughters, but I remember my Father telling my three sisters, don't get drunk and stupid. You might wake-up in the bars parking lot with your a$$hole looking like the angry broccoli and the size of the Lincoln Tunnel....

My hubby and I taught our boys to be responsible and above all else, respectful. We told them that means 'even if she changes her mind halfway through'...not so much because we think that's okay on her part, but why risk assault charges and having to register as a sex offender? We taught our daughter to likewise be responsible and above all else, be respectful...not only of herself, but of her partner. Specifically to consider any choice like that of intimacy with "then what happens?" (i.e. pregnancy, STD's, REGRET...)

Hijinx

If I may ...

I was a bout to ask where to buy these condoms that give a loud and flashing warning when they break.