Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Crotch Rocket Riders!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Been riding American Iron for better than 40 years, about the only a$$holes I've seen on scooters are imported from Japan. Cruisers, rockets it makes no difference..
    I've been riding Harleys for that long too..still do, of course....but I have seen some some idiots in some of the large group rides I've been on. There's always at least one that ignores the captain and feels the need to show off.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Been riding American Iron for better than 40 years, about the only a$$holes I've seen on scooters are imported from Japan. Cruisers, rockets it makes no difference..
    I think it has to do with price, I can't ever recall seeing an ####### on a Ducati either.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Yaaaaahhhhhhh, you never met an ####### on a Harley? I think I smell a bit of bias in the air......... :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Yaaaaahhhhhhh, you never met an ####### on a Harley? I think I smell a bit of bias in the air......... :)
    He rides with the geriatric crew. ;-)
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I think it has to do with price, I can't ever recall seeing an ####### on a Ducati either.
    It could be, said could be said for Moto's and BMW's.. All fine motorcycles...
    How often do you see a vintage unrestored Japanese bike....
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Blog Entries
    It could be, said could be said for Moto's and BMW's.. All fine motorcycles...
    How often do you see a vintage unrestored Japanese bike....
    One of my first bikes was a Honda CL77. Iron 305 twin "scrambler". 1965..1966??..don't recall exactly. Anyway, I bought it as a basket project for $50, and got it running (thanks to JC Whitney..there was nothing they didn't sell parts for back then). Saw one of those recently sell for $7000...in the same shape mine was when I dumped it off for $150.

That one was a huge step up for me. The bike I had when I bought that one was a Benelli (Sears Roebuck sold them) 350 pushrod single. Had two gears that still worked....first..and fourth. Had to scrap it when first went out.

;-p
    Last edited by Gilligan; 06-25-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    If that jockey shifter isn't intimating,,,,That foot clutch gets them everytime,
    I rode a Indian chief once, that right jockey and left-hand reverse throttle was really unnerving...

Blog Entries
    If that jockey shifter isn't intimating,,,,That foot clutch gets them everytime,
    I rode a Indian chief once, that right jockey and left-hand reverse throttle was really unnerving...
    When I was riding this one at every event..people on the other bikes gave me a wide berth.. ;-)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007-Optimized.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	118997

As well they should. Chit fer brakes...handled like dog poo.. But it sure drew a crowd once I'd safely managed to park the damned thing.

Good looking scooter sir, my second Sportster had 6" over tubes, the good part was it was a xlch, much easier to start in the cold with a button. I did coast to coast with it, one time and one time only.
    Was that a 45 or a 74 flathead ? What year?

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I had a 1995 Ducati SS SP.
    Loved that bike and behaved.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 145