Deuteronomy 12 Eat what you want

seekeroftruth

Deuteronomy 12:20 When the Lord your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, “I would like some meat,” then you may eat as much of it as you want. 21 If the place where the Lord your God chooses to put his Name is too far away from you, you may slaughter animals from the herds and flocks the Lord has given you, as I have commanded you, and in your own towns you may eat as much of them as you want. 22 Eat them as you would gazelle or deer. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat. 23 But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. 24 You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. 25 Do not eat it, so that it may go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord.​

When I opened the computer this morning... I had mail promising that if I eat a biblical diet then I will loose all my fat and I'll be happy again. That's interesting.... I've heard of the biblical diet before... never knew anyone who used it successfully though. Then I read verse 20 and I thought it ironic.

Well, here's the commentary from blueletterbible.org.

In the ancient world, almost every time an animal was butchered it was sacrificed to a god. Here, the LORD made it clear that not every slaughtered animal was considered a sacrifice to Him.​

Sacrifices were still be to be taken to the Temple but the Israelites were now allowed to slaughter animals for food. It was going to be a trek to the Temple so now things have changed. They still have to save the best for sacrifice, but now they can eat meat where they live.

Quite a walk to the Temple.
Map Levitical Cities refuge.png

:coffee: