Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to area-looking at house on Rosecroft Road

New to area-looking at house on Rosecroft Road

Hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this site as I am new to the area and looking at a house on Rosecroft Road near St. Mary's City. Any info on this neighborhood? Love the water access and quiet, just don't know much about the area. Any comments? Thanks!

As you've already noted, that area is quiet, a bit remote and off any congested roadways. If you have a regular commute to anything north of the base and Lex Park or Leonardtown, your drive might involve dealing with traffic slowdowns.

What else were you wanting to know about?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Baker12 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this site as I am new to the area and looking at a house on Rosecroft Road near St. Mary's City. Any info on this neighborhood? Love the water access and quiet, just don't know much about the area. Any comments? Thanks!
    A few advantages: it's an incredibly lovely area, with lots of amazing nature, gorgeous sunsets, and lots of nearby history.

A few drawbacks: I really can't think of any.

We live down that way, and we love, love, love it. We consider Historic St. Mary's City and St. Mary's College (especially the waterfront) to be "our" backyard, and we frequently take lengthy walks around the property. We let our kayaks out by the boathouse and love to paddle the shoreline. HSMC runs a robust educational program year round (but, obviously it's more active during warm months). The College's River Concert Series just started up this past Friday, and runs every Friday till the end of Summer. If you find that attractive, then you will love it just as we do. Good luck!

I like to be right.

Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    The College's River Concert Series just started up this past Friday, and runs every Friday till the end of Summer. If you find that attractive, then you will love it just as we do. Good luck!
    Awesome. I'd forgotten to find the schedule for this year.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Awesome. I'd forgotten to find the schedule for this year.
    I'll pack a picnic basket filled with tasty treats, and you can pick us up at the Sheibel's pier, and take us up to Horseshoe Creek to see the fireworks and listen to great music on Friday. You in?

#hinthint

I like to be right.

I'll pack a picnic basket filled with tasty treats, and you can pick us up at the Sheibel's pier, and take us up to Horseshoe Creek to see the fireworks and listen to great music on Friday. You in?

#hinthint
    Such an appealing offer I've seldom seen.

The boat is in line for much-needed bottom cleaning/painting at TT..but not likely to get it before the weekend...alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Such an appealing offer I've seldom seen.

The boat is in line for much-needed bottom cleaning/painting at TT..but not likely to get it before the weekend...alas.
    Drats!

But that's ok; I have a back-up plan in place: B-I-L's boat

I like to be right.

Drats!

But that's ok; I have a back-up plan in place: B-I-L's boat
    What time are we meeting at Scheible's? I will bring the margarita bucket.

#hinthint
    So do you want him to take you to Tippity Wichity?
    President Trump, the most qualified POTUS in the last 8 and a half years!

Quote Originally Posted by somdwatch View Post
    So do you want him to take you to Tippity Wichity?
    That place is fun. Eons ago a bunch of us from the SMC Canoe & Kayak Club went out there and camped for a long weekend. So much fun.

I like to be right.

Members who have read this thread: 76