Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Narcan

Narcan

So the Health Department gives it away, but tax payers pay for it.

I have been told Police and EMT must pay for it out of their budget.
    Anyone know what it costs?

I have been told 800$ a dose. Can anyone confirm?
    I hate people

Its so nice that tax payers HAVE TO pay to bring worthless dopers back to life to continue to be a drain on society yet.....

Good, honest, upstanding Cancer patients have to pay through the nose to stay alive. Same with those who have fatal allergies to bee stings.

So sad...

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelBait View Post
    So the Health Department gives it away, but tax payers pay for it.

I have been told Police and EMT must pay for it out of their budget.
    Anyone know what it costs?

I have been told 800$ a dose. Can anyone confirm?
    About $150 for two 4mg nasal sprays.
    Evzio (a naloxone auto injector) is about $4,500 per prescription. (Insurance holders and people who make less than $100k/yr can get it for $0. If you pay cash, it's $360)

Prior to the recent heroin boom, Naloxone was less than $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Its so nice that tax payers HAVE TO pay to bring worthless dopers back to life to continue to be a drain on society yet.....

Good, honest, upstanding Cancer patients have to pay through the nose to stay alive. Same with those who have fatal allergies to bee stings.

So sad...
    EMT/Fire Departments/Police have a duty to citizens. They don't get to decide who lives or dies.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post

EMT/Fire Departments/Police have a duty to citizens. They don't get to decide who lives or dies.
    Reminds me of a good scene from Dogma, which illustrates what can happen when you give someone the power to choose who lives and dies.

Last edited by Clem72; 06-27-2017 at 01:38 PM.

About $150 for two 4mg nasal sprays.
    Evzio (a naloxone auto injector) is about $4,500 per prescription. (Insurance holders and people who make less than $100k/yr can get it for $0. If you pay cash, it's $360)

Prior to the recent heroin boom, Naloxone was less than $2.

This is true, but, if a person is injecting themselves with an overdose, on an average of say...3 times a week, that person must have a death wish. Therefore, if they were not brought back, it would really be up to God if he wants to send them back.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    This is true, but, if a person is injecting themselves with an overdose, on an average of say...3 times a week, that person must have a death wish. Therefore, if they were not brought back, it would really be up to God if he wants to send them back.
    I get it and I tend to agree, but that's gonna be tough on LE and First responders that deal with this on a daily basis. Who will fill those jobs when they just sit by and watch folks die up to a few times a day in some areas..
    The dead will be shortly littering the sidewalks up like cordwood.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    If it weren't for someone who wants them alive, EMS wouldn't show up.

Name:  Strawman.png
Views: 1021
Size:  92.3 KB

MY statement isn't about the EMTs, Firefighters, etc. This is about the government deciding that it is ok to spend taxpayer money to revive addicts however, decent people who are suffering have to pay out the nose to live. Ya' know... the very first line in the OP

EDIT: Who exactly funds the budgets of EMTs, Firefighters, etc. anyways? Hmmmmmm.....
    Last edited by Restitution; 06-27-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Name:  Strawman.png
Views: 1021
Size:  92.3 KB

MY statement isn't about the EMTs, Firefighters, etc. This is about the government deciding that it is ok to spend taxpayer money to revive addicts however, decent people who are suffering have to pay out the nose to live. Ya' know... the very first line in the OP

EDIT: Who exactly funds the budgets of EMTs, Firefighters, etc. anyways? Hmmmmmm.....
    Slow down and think about it for a minute.

Taxpayer funded public servants such as firemen, EMTs, police, etc. have a duty to citizens. It's what they signed up for. They do not get to choose who they try and save.

So, as much as your statement wasn't about them, it is because they are the ones administering Narcan.

If it weren't for someone who wants them alive, EMS wouldn't show up.
    True, but, who is calling EMS for the overdoses? I wonder about this, if an addict is living at home with his/her family, wouldnt the family be taking the addict to rehab, counseling, hospital for treatment? I mean, I can only speak about what I would do if it was a family member. Not too mention, these people who overdose constantly, are putting other peoples lives at risk.

Members who have read this thread: 137