Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: Narcan

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    True, but, who is calling EMS for the overdoses? I wonder about this, if an addict is living at home with his/her family, wouldnt the family be taking the addict to rehab, counseling, hospital for treatment? I mean, I can only speak about what I would do if it was a family member. Not too mention, these people who overdose constantly, are putting other peoples lives at risk.
    It's quite easy to say that, but it's tough. Yes, family would send them to rehab or counseling, but that same family member isn't going to call rehab if someone is actively OD'ing.

    They're going to call 911 because they don't want their family member to die.

    Speaking as someone who has seen the throws of multiple addictions, opened their home to a recovering addict, only to watch them slip back away, it's not an easy process and will never, ever, work the first time.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Slow down and think about it for a minute.

    Taxpayer funded public servants such as firemen, EMTs, police, etc. have a duty to citizens. It's what they signed up for. They do not get to choose who they try and save.

    So, as much as your statement wasn't about them, it is because they are the ones administering Narcan.
    Slow down and think about it for a minute.

    The first 2 words in your post validate EXACTLY what I am saying. "TAXPAYER FUNDED."

    I guess I will take you past the first step in thought process..... Ya' see... it isn't those EMTs, Firemen, Police, etc. that direct the spending of funds on these Narcan doses. Its the PC sucking, libtard politicians that implement it.

    So, its not the EMTs and Firemen I am upset with. Do you understand now???

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    EMT/Fire Departments/Police have a duty to citizens. They don't get to decide who lives or dies.
    mmm hmmm.

    http://www.wlwt.com/article/middleto...doses/10215284

    A recent FB post by an ER-ICU nurse I know very well, commenting on the above article:

    Maybe this is the answer. Maybe it isn't. But there is something seriously wrong with society when people are going flat broke fighting like hell for their lives, and others are quite literally just throwing it away. And we're bringing these people back from the dead again and again. For free.

    And I've got news for you, Maryland. Telling us to dispense Narcan "to-go" to every overdose that comes in the ER is just asking for more trouble. And it's appalling, and disheartening, and every terrible adjective I can think of, that you don't see that.

    This is just the opinion of a tired nurse. Who's tired of holding someone's hand who is fighting with insurance companies just to see every sunrise and sunset they can. And who's tired of ducking every figurative and literal punch thrown from every OD we save.

    It's a hot topic, no doubt about it. But it's an epidemic you can choose not to be a part of. Choose life, people. Choose life. You only get one chance to enjoy it.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Slow down and think about it for a minute.

    The first 2 words in your post validate EXACTLY what I am saying. "TAXPAYER FUNDED."

    I guess I will take you past the first step in thought process..... Ya' see... it isn't those EMTs, Firemen, Police, etc. that direct the spending of funds on these Narcan doses. Its the PC sucking, libtard politicians that implement it.

    So, its not the EMTs and Firemen I am upset with. Do you understand now???
    I never claimed you were upset with Fire and EMS, but you brought up Narcan. Who do you think administers it? Librarians?

    There's a metric #### ton of stupid #### my taxdollars pay for and you're nothign more than a political hack if you think liberal/Democrat politicans are the only reason for it.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  5. #15
    I'm as cold hearted as it gets, but how are these people that response t ok the emergency calls going to deal with the constant death that will go way up without delivering narcan when needed?
    I could care less about any addicts, but what's next? It's your second heart attack and no paddles for you in the ambulance?
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    There's a metric #### ton of stupid #### my taxdollars pay for and you're nothign more than a political hack if you think liberal/Democrat politicans are the only reason for it.
    Sorry, unlike you... I do not have all hours of the day to research voting decisions, Supreme court rulings, etc. I have 2 jobs. So no.. I do not consider myself a political insider.

    Doesn't change the fact that wasting tax payer dollars to bring drug abusers back to life only to drain hard working people even more. If you don't see that then I would venture to say that you are a common sense hack.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Sorry, unlike you... I do not have all hours of the day to research voting decisions, Supreme court rulings, etc. I have 2 jobs. So no.. I do not consider myself a political insider.

    Doesn't change the fact that wasting tax payer dollars to bring drug abusers back to life only to drain hard working people even more. If you don't see that then I would venture to say that you are a common sense hack.
    I work full time and go to school full time (when I can). I'm currently taking an online 6 week Physics course, so I understand not having time. You don't have to be a political insider to be informed. It's all public knowledge.

    Call me what you will, but I believe tax money should go to the greater good. If that includes ambulatory care for injured/sick/dying people, don't be surprised if a few of the ones that get saved end up being pieces of ####. I think anyone who believes govt. and/or govt. actors should dictate who cares goes toward is the one lacking common sense.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  8. #18
    I Need a Life luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    mmm hmmm.

    http://www.wlwt.com/article/middleto...doses/10215284

    A recent FB post by an ER-ICU nurse I know very well, commenting on the above article:

    This is what I was trying to say. Why waste time on those who have made the choice to end their lives. Who knows, if the addicts knew there was a 3 time limit, might make them a little more inclined to get off the stuff!!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    This is what I was trying to say. Why waste time on those who have made the choice to end their lives. Who knows, if the addicts knew there was a 3 time limit, might make them a little more inclined to get off the stuff!!
    How far does that extend?

    A kid who was driving too fast? Why waste time on someone who made the choice to drive 100mph?
    A construction worker not wearing a harness falls off a roof. Why waste time on someone who made the choice not to tie off.
    An alcoholic..

    You get my drift.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Call me what you will, but I believe tax money should go to the greater good. If that includes ambulatory care for injured/sick/dying people, don't be surprised if a few of the ones that get saved end up being pieces of ####. I think anyone who believes govt. and/or govt. actors should dictate who cares goes toward is the one lacking common sense.
    Reviving a deceased heroin addict for the 4th or 5th time is not treatment. It is enabling.

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    This is what I was trying to say. Why waste time on those who have made the choice to end their lives. Who knows, if the addicts knew there was a 3 time limit, might make them a little more inclined to get off the stuff!!
    ^^^ This

Members who have read this thread: 137

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |