Thread: Behr Deck Over

Behr Deck Over

Anyone used this product to revitalize a deck? Wondering how well it works and if its any easy DIY project.

Quote Originally Posted by MissBeanGenes View Post
    Anyone used this product to revitalize a deck? Wondering how well it works and if its any easy DIY project.
    I don't remember what it was called but a guy at Lowes told us about this wonderful paint like product that was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! It turned out to be pure crap and peeled off within 3 months. The next time we were in Lowes, we mentioned it to another worker and he told us, "Yeah it is crap" and said that a lot of contractors were buying it because it looked great when applied.

I think I would research it before using.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Yep, that #### looked great for a couple months but them started coming off in huge chunks the next year.

It does however work very good on concrete and cinder blocks.

Dont waste your time or money.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

I've heard the same thing about this stuff; thought about using it but after reading a bit on the net, I stayed clear of it. I don't see it advertised as heavy as it was when it first came out, I would take that as a clue.

we hear the same thing so we went to home depot and got their brand of deck over and it went on wonderful, will tell you up front if it a big job (like ours was a 42 foot porch) it took 2 five gallon containers it rolls on very thick. the key to a good job is to make sure you powerwash and wait a day for it to dry then apply your paint. we are doing the back porch next spring.

Last edited by h3mech; 06-28-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    "IYAOYAS" and a Proud Deplorable

If you're listing the property for sale it will make the deck look much better. If you are keeping the property, replacing/upgrading the decking would be money better spent.If the structure is sound, redecking is not very difficult.

https://www.deckstainhelp.com/behr-d...-do-they-work/
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    I don't remember what it was called but a guy at Lowes told us about this wonderful paint like product that was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! It turned out to be pure crap and peeled off within 3 months. The next time we were in Lowes, we mentioned it to another worker and he told us, "Yeah it is crap" and said that a lot of contractors were buying it because it looked great when applied.

I think I would research it before using.
    Was it Rustoleum's Restore?

Quote Originally Posted by getbent View Post
    Was it Rustoleum's Restore?
    No, I am pretty sure it is the product the OP was referring to. And we did pressure wash and dry the porches we applied it to. It went on thick and goopy and peeled off in big sheets.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

The Behr, Olympic and Rustoleum versions of this all have tons of complaints. The problem seems to be caused by seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 62