ISO Information Looking for Road Construction Information

Fuzzwah

How are people notified of local road construction? Came home today Mary Ann Drive, Owings indicating there would be road construction tomorrow (28 June), there was also a strip of taken out of my driveway.

This was the first of I have heard of this, no one has contacted me to let me know this was going on. Would any one know how notifications are sent out? Who can I contact in the Calvert Government to find out more information or would anyone know what construction is being done on Mary Ann?

Thanx

Fuzzwah

County ROW.

Not questioning ROW (assuming you mean Right of Away). I want basic information. How long will I be unable to access my driveway? Will I be able to even get to my driveway? What are the approximate times of construction? How long will construction last?

If I had known in advance I could have made work arrangements and delayed deliveries to my house.

Hannibal

They own ROW via an easement but you still own the property so they typically have to advise you of their pending use/access. When I say "have to", I am not stating it's a requirement though it could be . But it certainly seems like a reasonable expectation and courtesy. Most contracts provided to non-County labor would typically require them to notify and coordinate with private homes/businesses. Not sure what the County's requirement would be for their own forces.