Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: WEIS in Callaway

  1. #1

    WEIS in Callaway

    I have given them more than enough chances. Their produce is simply awful! I bought lettuce, carrots, potatoes and onions on Sunday. Went to use them tonight for dinner and it's all spoiled! I complained previously and got the nice corporate email that they will look into it and thank you for your feedback.......I'm done with them!

  2. #2
    Registered User keekee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lexington Park
    Posts
    1,003

    Thumbs down Me too

    Quote Originally Posted by MissBeanGenes View Post
    I have given them more than enough chances. Their produce is simply awful! I bought lettuce, carrots, potatoes and onions on Sunday. Went to use them tonight for dinner and it's all spoiled! I complained previously and got the nice corporate email that they will look into it and thank you for your feedback.......I'm done with them!
    I keep going back and every time I leave pissed off... but their location is very convenient for me.
    I hate doing all of that math trying to figure out which brand has the best price.
    I went twice this week looking for the cheese I like.
    Both times it was 5 for $10, but there weren't 5 of them on the shelf. So I could only buy 1 for $3.21 (robbery).
    And their green peppers are always on special at 10 for $10 - who the hell needs 10 green peppers?
    Almost everything is overpriced unless you succumb to their gimmicks.
    I liked Food Lion MUCH better. I wish they would come back.
    I really dislike Weis.

  3. #3
    Registered User angelbaby's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Over the bridge
    Posts
    1,568
    Went there on Saturday. When I got home 10 mins after leaving the store I realized I didn't have one of my bags. Called the store. The manager says to me after verifying the items..... "I just put those back. You'll have to shop for them again and make sure you bring your receipt". First of all, it was 10 minutes. Yes, 2 items were perishable but you couldn't put them in a walk in until I returned? Second, I used my weis card which has a phone number linked to it. No one could call? Lastly, she could have apologized since the cashier never put the bag on the counter at all. Nope, Nothing. I seriously HATE that store. I'll drive to leonardtown to food lion 10 miles out of my way.

  4. #4
    I prefer Food Lion too but find myself in the Callaway Weiss due to its location. My biggest complaint, is the same as it was when it was FL, the generally useless personnel that work there & the management that allows it. I agree with your assessment angelbaby, seems like a pro-active manager could have looked you up via your Weiss card & placed a call - wow that would have been some great customer service!

    I have found that oddly enough the young teenage employees are far better than the adults working there. Go figure, typically its the other way around......

  5. #5
    Two words...Amazon Fresh.

  6. #6
    Throwing the deuces RareBreed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On the out-skirts of persnickety
    Posts
    6,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobwhite View Post
    Two words...Amazon Fresh.
    I looked into that a few months ago but they don't ship to my area (Lusby). That would make life so much easier though. Until then, it's Giant for me and only Weiss when I need just a few things that I had forgotten while at Giant.

  7. #7
    I Need a Life luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
    Went there on Saturday. When I got home 10 mins after leaving the store I realized I didn't have one of my bags. Called the store. The manager says to me after verifying the items..... "I just put those back. You'll have to shop for them again and make sure you bring your receipt". First of all, it was 10 minutes. Yes, 2 items were perishable but you couldn't put them in a walk in until I returned? Second, I used my weis card which has a phone number linked to it. No one could call? Lastly, she could have apologized since the cashier never put the bag on the counter at all. Nope, Nothing. I seriously HATE that store. I'll drive to leonardtown to food lion 10 miles out of my way.
    Ah Ha!! This could explain why the Food Lion in Leonardtown is always packed!! I used to be able to stop on my way home from work to pick up a couple of things, in and out very quickly, now, its like a day before a predicted blizzard in that place.

  8. #8
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,888
    Blog Entries
    2
    Weis sux. When we're in Solomons, Weis is right across the street and I STILL drive to Giant. Of course, in Callaway you're stuck because there isn't another grocery store close by.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  9. #9
    When Weis first opened, I went there for ground beef. It was ground in-store fresh, and had ground sirloin and ground round. It's still ground in-store, but now it's just "ground beef" and has no flavor.

    Seems to be a trend, offer high quality for a short time to get you in the door, then phase it out for less expensive, lower quality foods.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Of course, in Callaway you're stuck because there isn't another grocery store close by.
    Seems like only yesterday when there was just an old bar where the Weis is now.... We've gone back to traveling to L'town for a lot of our groceries.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 119

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |