‘People Who Can’t Afford Health Care Don’t Deserve To Die.’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sanders: ‘People Who Can’t Afford Health Care Don’t Deserve To Die.’ Here’s What’s Wrong With That Strawman.

This, of course, has nothing to do with policy, and everything to do with an immature worldview that suggests that government can tame every unfairness in life. Of course no one deserves to die because they cannot afford health care. But no one deserves to die for any reason other than their own evil criminality. People don’t deserve to die of cancer. People don’t deserve to die in car accidents. People don’t deserve to die peacefully in their beds in old age.

But Sanders’ simplistic kindergarten sloganeering convinces those who refuse to acknowledge the decent intentions of their ideological opponents. It’s not designed to achieve better health care; it’s designed to slander those who disagree about the method for achieving better health care without violating the rights of others.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The reality is, is that people do die.

Not everyone is intended to live until 95 and in perfect health. With or without steller insurance, or even basic insurance, people die.

Why have people forgotten that simple fact?

Hijinx

:bawl:

because that's UNFAIR

In a perfect world everyone would get the same great medical care. But it isn't a perfect world and Bernie being a Senator doesn't do so badly as 72% of his health care is paid for by the taxpayers. The same as many federal employees, so don't listen to Bernie going around saying what is fair.

There is always some that are more equal than others, and Bernie is one of them.

Sapidus

This is very rich from the same people who tried to propagate the fake news that Obamacare would amount to people being subjected to death panels.

Now that the republicans want to exclude people based on preexisting conditions or charge more for the elderly it's just par for the course.

It's hypocritical.

This bill as it stands is worse than Obamacare no matter how you spin it.

Hijinx

This is very rich from the same people who tried to propagate the fake news that Obamacare would amount to people being subjected to death panels.

Now that the republicans want to exclude people based on preexisting conditions or charge more for the elderly it's just par for the course.

It's hypocritical.

Is that what you talking point is today? Can't be much worse,, but pretty sure it sucks.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This is very rich from the same people who tried to propagate the fake news that Obamacare would amount to people being subjected to death panels. Now that the republicans want to exclude people based on preexisting conditions or charge more for the elderly it's just par for the course. It's hypocritical. This bill as it stands is worse than Obamacare no matter how you spin it.

Let's see, care was going to be determined based on cost relative to age .... that equals ----- DEATH PANEL.
Preexisting conditions require continuing care. It is not health "insurance" anyway. It is health care plan coverage.

Everybody, that is, absolutely everybody, can choose to live a healthy lifestyle. To eat natural foods. Foods that are not highly processed using made made chemicals that are foreign to the body, read life forms. To get an appropriate amount of exercise. It has been proven over and over again that diet and exercise can, and does, prevent and reverse many health issues. Absent accidents, real disease and the like, we shouldn't be seeing doctors as much as we do anyway. "Insurance", should be just that, "insurance", for the unexpected injury, medical condition or disease. Not to the extent that system is used now.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The reality is, is that people do die.

Not everyone is intended to live until 95 and in perfect health. With or without steller insurance, or even basic insurance, people die.

Why have people forgotten that simple fact?

Yup. People die everyday. About 120,000 daily. Has nothing to do with health insurance.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

It's hypocritical.

Does the new bill allow people that can't afford their health insurance (which in turn makes healthCARE unaffordable) not having to buy it??

If so, that's already exponentially better than Obamacare.

Sapidus

If I may ...

Let's see, care was going to be determined based on cost relative to age .... that equals ----- DEATH PANEL.
Preexisting conditions require continuing care. It is not health "insurance" anyway. It is health care plan coverage.

Everybody, that is, absolutely everybody, can choose to live a healthy lifestyle. To eat natural foods. Foods that are not highly processed using made made chemicals that are foreign to the body, read life forms. To get an appropriate amount of exercise. It has been proven over and over again that diet and exercise can, and does, prevent and reverse many health issues. Absent accidents, real disease and the like, we shouldn't be seeing doctors as much as we do anyway. "Insurance", should be just that, "insurance", for the unexpected injury, medical condition or disease. Not to the extent that system is used now.

What do you think will happen to the elderly that will have to pay more for insurance they already can't afford on fixed incomes. They will die sooner or die because they can't access healthcare that would prevent that. Isn't that the exact same as access to healthcare being determined based on cost relative to age?

PeoplesElbow

What do you think will happen to the elderly that will have to pay more for insurance they already can't afford on fixed incomes. They will die sooner or die because they can't access healthcare that would prevent that. Isn't that the exact same as access to healthcare being determined based on cost relative to age?

You mean medicare?

Hijinx

What will people without insurance do?? The same thing they do now, walk into any hospital emergency room in the country and leave the bill for the rest of us to pay.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What do you think will happen to the elderly....

Uh, hold on now, let me think ..... the same thing that happened to those that lived to be in their 70's and 80's prior to modern health (sick) care? They will die of old age. Let's see, dad was in a hospital getting care when he died. Had access to it, still died. Sometimes, no amount of care will stop people from dying. So, better start living healthy now so you won't have too much to worry about later. Dad didn't. Lived quite the debaucherous lifestyle. Still lived into his seventies.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You mean medicare?

:yay: That's the thing. Some do not understand the difference between Medicare and Medicaid.

Story side note. My hub has worked for USBank for 25 years. These days USBank has lost their minds and are pushing all the AE's out to take it internal. Our healthcare insurance went down hill with Obamacare; in other words it sucked for the past few years; premiums, deductibles, etc. Obamacare truly affected the top companies; so much that USBank does not offer health care to retirees anymore. My hub officially retires on July 3rd, and we will not have health insurance anymore, even though it has sucked. He chose to retire at 62 because he was sick of USB's bullcrap; he could have worked a lot longer. There are some that quit in their 70's. All the good people have quit; the producers, the president/chairman club honorees, like my hub. The bank pushed them out, put them on PIP's, and demanded ridiculous stuff. My hub is over it; which is sad because he was good at what he does. He is a human calculator; throw numbers at him, and he knows the answer without a blink. He would be happy selling running shoes at a local store. FU USB. We are trying to decide to take our chances or pay through the butt for Cobra or something. Thank you, Obama. You piece of you know. God bless America. :patriot:

And, one more thing. All the crap I read on here from know it alls...just want to say that y'all have no clue. You are welcome.

We are just an example of what America has done to us; even though our ancestors helped forge our country. Oh, and yeah, Merrill Lynch screwed my parents.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What will people without insurance do?? The same thing they do now, walk into any hospital emergency room in the country and leave the bill for the rest of us to pay.

I don't have health insurance. That's not what I do.

Failed narrative.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:gossip: hey silly the elderly are dying now, they cannot afford to pay for doctors after outrageous monthly payments for gov mandated coverage

Hijinx

:gossip: hey silly the elderly are dying now, they cannot afford to pay for doctors after outrageous monthly payments for gov mandated coverage

What good is a policy that has $2,000 dollar deductible, if you don't have $2,000 dollars.