Thread: News alert, how do I get rid of it

News alert, how do I get rid of it

Since following a link on here I some how get a news alert that shows up on the bottom right side of my computer the top of the alert says TD Newswire and the bottom shows a link to swampdrain.com anyone else get it? How the hell do I get rid of it? Thanks a lot to whomever posted that original link btw.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Sounds like it's some sort of toolbar.

Assuming you're using IE (internet Explorer), go to your internet settings (the little gear, top right) and click "Manage add-ons". On the left of that pop up box you'll see "toolbars and extensions". Looks through that list and see if you can find it.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Sounds like it's some sort of toolbar.

Assuming you're using IE (internet Explorer), go to your internet settings (the little gear, top right) and click "Manage add-ons". On the left of that pop up box you'll see "toolbars and extensions". Looks through that list and see if you can find it.
    I only use Chrome and use AdBlock, I have no idea how it got on there. I checked MS Edge to see if it installed something and I can't find anything.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I only use Chrome and use AdBlock, I have no idea how it got on there. I checked MS Edge to see if it installed something and I can't find anything.
    Reset Chrome?

Members who have read this thread: 47