EPA chief meets with head of Dow prior to reversing ban on deadly pesticide.

Sapidus

"Twenty days later Pruitt announced his decision to deny a petition to ban Dow’s chlorpyrifos pesticide from being sprayed on food, despite a review by his agency’s scientists that concluded ingesting even minuscule amounts of the chemical can interfere with the brain development of fetuses and infants"

The American Academy of Pediatrics urged Pruitt on Tuesday to take chlorpyrifos off the market. The group representing more than 66,000 pediatricians and pediatric surgeons said it is “deeply alarmed” by Pruitt’s decision to allow the pesticide’s continued use.

“There is a wealth of science demonstrating the detrimental effects of chlorpyrifos exposure to developing fetuses, infants, children, and pregnant women,” the academy said in a letter to Pruitt. “The risk to infant and children’s health and development is unambiguous.”

https://apnews.com/2350d7be5e24469ab445089bf663cdcb/EPA-chief-met-with-Dow-CEO-before-deciding-on-pesticide-ban?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Woohoo for deregulation and swamp draining. Seems to be going swimmingly!

Seems like conservatives only care about keeping people from abortions but the health of a fetus is less important than money

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"Despite several years of study, EPA has concluded that the science addressing chlorpyrifos remains unresolved," Bowman said Tuesday. We will make a decision based on the science, not on real — or perceived — pressure from companies or environmental activists."

"Before coming to EPA in March, Bowman directed issue advocacy and communications for the American Chemical Council, an industry trade group of which Dow is a member."

"Pressed at a congressional hearing this month to cite evidence that chlorpyrifos is safe, Pruitt said his decision was based on "meaningful data and meaningful science."

Imagine that. Using your brain to make decisions.

Maybe the left should try this technique once in a while.

Do you even read the articles that you post and try to twist to your agenda?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"EPA spokeswoman Liz Bowman said Tuesday that Pruitt was "briefly introduced" to Liveris at the conference."

"They did not discuss chlorpyrifos," Bowman said. "During the same trip he also met with the Canadian minister of natural resources, and CEOs and executives from other companies attending the trade show."

This should have been posted in the Conspiracy forum...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile, Sappy still can't manage the most basic task of embedding a link in the post.....

Sapidus

That's right go back to trying to make fun of me instead of defending the fact that the Trump regime is putting business and money over health.

Again you only care about fetuses and not children.

You are all pathetic

despite a review by his agency’s scientists that concluded ingesting even minuscule amounts of the chemical can interfere with the brain development of fetuses and infants"

Bushy23

"EPA spokeswoman Liz Bowman said Tuesday that Pruitt was "briefly introduced" to Liveris at the conference."

"They did not discuss chlorpyrifos," Bowman said. "During the same trip he also met with the Canadian minister of natural resources, and CEOs and executives from other companies attending the trade show."

This should have been posted in the Conspiracy forum...

Didn't Bill Clinton meet with someone on an airplane and you all assumed it was about something related to his wife? I find the hypocrisy pretty thick up in here

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Didn't Bill Clinton meet with someone on an airplane and you all assumed it was about something related to his wife?

What else could it have been? His wife under investigation..Bill meets with person in charge...secretly...

Sapidus

Didn't Bill Clinton meet with someone on an airplane and you all assumed it was about something related to his wife? I find the hypocrisy pretty thick up in here

Have you ever heard the phrase two wrongs don't make a right?

Why is it impossible for you to discuss Trump's and his cabinets behavior without bringing up a Clinton?

Wishbone

Please show me where i have ever mentioned Bush in my post history?

I'm not searching back through your parade of previous MPDs to find the posts... so I'll call it this way...

You are a democrat, leftist, marxist, commie POS which places you squarely in the corner with every other democrat, leftist, marxist, commie POS that whined over W for eight years.

:jet:

Sapidus

I'm not searching back through your parade of previous MPDs to find the posts... so I'll call it this way...

You are a democrat, leftist, marxist, commie POS which places you squarely in the corner with every other democrat, leftist, marxist, commie POS that whined over W for eight years.

:jet:

So you want to be lumped in with every white nationalist racist piece of crap that Trump brought out of the wood work?

Wishbone

So you want to be lumped in with every white nationalist racist piece of crap that Trump brought out of the wood work?

You already do that in damn near every ####ing thread, post and reply you make. Including this one.

You don't even realize its your immediate go to.

:killingme.

Like I've said many times before. I've watched your marxist #### movements for four decades and have no intention of letting up.

Sapidus

You already do that in damn near every ####ing thread, post and reply you make. Including this one.

Like I've said many times before. I've watched your marxist #### movements for four decades and have no intention of letting up.

Someone sounds a bit paranoid:wah:

Hijinx

Don't you just love it when a racist POS like Sap calls you a racist?