Inflatable water slides... draining???

Restitution

Does anyone have tips or tricks for draining those inflatable water slide/playsets? Every time I inflate and use mine, the water gets trapped in the inflated areas and when I empty and deflate it the thing weighs like 150 pounds due to the trapped water and it takes DAYS to let it seep out.

Any USEFUL ideas or help is appreciated... :yay:

Last edited:
Sell it to a neighbor who has kids that your kids are friendly with. Your kids can enjoy the fun but the neighbor now has the problem of draining it.

glhs837

Power with Control
high five.png
Sell it to a neighbor who has kids that your kids are friendly with. Your kids can enjoy the fun but the neighbor now has the problem of draining it.

black dog

Free America
Deflate it,, drain the water,, reinflate slide and stand on edge with water drain on the bottom and let all water drain down and then open water drain and when done deinflate.
If it has a constant air blower you will have to seal off the air vents.

Restitution

Deflate it,, drain the water,, reinflate slide and stand on edge with water drain on the bottom and let all water drain down and then open water drain and when done deinflate.
If it has a constant air blower you will have to seal off the air vents.

The problem is that there is NO "water drain." The water seeps into the inflated portion of the slide. The only way to "drain" it is to attempt to force the water out of the air vent (there is only one that connects to the pump.)

So, if I were to inflate it and tip it over I would have water running back into the electric pump! Not good

glhs837

Power with Control
All I can come up with is fitting that part with some sort of bulkhead fitting so you could try and shop vac the water out.

black dog

Free America
Geesh... Then tip it up so the air drain is on the bottom... Set the air pump up higher on some deck furniture laying on it side so it's up higher than the air drain.

Water tends to run down hill.