Thread: Seth McFarland - Orville

Seth McFarland - Orville

Fox does it again. I don't know how you feel about Seth McFarland, but I think this looks funny. Besides, Adrianne Palicki is easy on the eyes.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

I was somewhat disappointed with the first show.

I'll give it a few to find its legs and see what happens but it's not off to the start I expected.

It was a bit slow, but I liked it. I found the back-n-forth between McFarlane and Palicki funny.

I'll continue to watch it for the simple fact that it's Sunday night at 8:00PM.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Second show was a little better, a little, but it's not turning into what I expected.

Not getting my hopes up. Even if its great Fox will cancel it after season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Not getting my hopes up. Even if its great Fox will cancel it after season 1.
    :fixed:

Kind of reminds me of what DS9 was like when they decided to do something silly with the Ferengi.

I'm enjoying it - a bit - the actress who plays the doctor is obviously very good. But something's missing.

In some regards, they're relying heavily on the fact that we've all seen Star Trek and know what transporters are, what food replicators do and have various similarities like a jump to warp looks the same and the shuttles look similar and enter through the same spot on the rear of the ship, or that the bridge has a command chair circle with navigation and helm and everyone else all around it.

But I think what's missing is, the stories so far are - ok. Nothing very clever but more like what you'd find in a half hour show.
    (I did think the whole Kardashian thing at the end was funny).

I'm curious what they're going to do with the little female hatchling.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Members who have read this thread: 53