Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Rescue pitbull mauls & kills 90 y/o woman

  1. #41
    If I may ...

    As I've said before, the best pitbull, is a dead pitbull. Or any other of variation of a pitbull breed. Dead, dead, dead with a bullet to the head.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  2. #42
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,956
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    How about owners of ALL dogs not be #### heads? How about all dog owners keep their dog on a leash when not inside? How about all dog owners train, work with, and socialize their dog?
    I will certainly not argue with that, but the fact remains that a large bully breed can do a lot more damage than a ####zu, and some breeds are simply more prone to unpredictable aggressive behavior. A Lab or Golden isn't going to be as concerning as a Rottie or a Pit, and that's just the way it is. You can say, "Oh, that's not even a pitbull..." but that's just so much excuse-making bull####, and I have precisely zero interest in what the pro-Pit activist groups have to say about it. The people who know the dog say it's a pitbull; you, who have no firsthand experience with the situation, say it's not. Go ahead - tell me who I should believe.

    Pitbulls and Rotweilers top every single dangerous dog list by any reputable source. They have the highest incident rate AND the highest damage rate. Add to that, Pits are a status symbol among a certain demographic and those people are not only not known for their responsible owner skills, but they specifically get that dog breed for its aggressive nature.

    So stop it. Your argument is way too easily debunked. Be part of the solution.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #43
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,956
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ha ha...the filter censored a dog breed.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #44
    Registered User warneckutz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    11,356
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

    As I've said before, the best pitbull, is a dead pitbull. Or any other of variation of a pitbull breed. Dead, dead, dead with a bullet to the head.
    There's the other tough talker ... sharing the same wobbly backbone as blind dog
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

    It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

  5. #45
    Registered User warneckutz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    11,356
    C'mon people ... you're supposed to be at the top of the food chain ... act like it.

    Oven-roasted and blind dog, you're ... somewhere down there.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

    It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

  6. #46
    Registered User warneckutz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    11,356
    C'mon people ... you're supposed to be at the top of the food chain ... act like it.

    Oven-roasted and blind dog, you're ... somewhere down there.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

    It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

    As I've said before, the best pitbull, is a dead pitbull. Or any other of variation of a pitbull breed. Dead, dead, dead with a bullet to the head.
    A perfect example of someone who likely has never been around one, reads the stories in the media they hate so much, then spews this dumb ####.

    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I will certainly not argue with that, but the fact remains that a large bully breed can do a lot more damage than a ####zu, and some breeds are simply more prone to unpredictable aggressive behavior. A Lab or Golden isn't going to be as concerning as a Rottie or a Pit, and that's just the way it is. You can say, "Oh, that's not even a pitbull..." but that's just so much excuse-making bull####, and I have precisely zero interest in what the pro-Pit activist groups have to say about it. The people who know the dog say it's a pitbull; you, who have no firsthand experience with the situation, say it's not. Go ahead - tell me who I should believe.

    Pitbulls and Rotweilers top every single dangerous dog list by any reputable source. They have the highest incident rate AND the highest damage rate. Add to that, Pits are a status symbol among a certain demographic and those people are not only not known for their responsible owner skills, but they specifically get that dog breed for its aggressive nature.

    So stop it. Your argument is way too easily debunked. Be part of the solution.
    Breaking News at 11, "big dogs cause more damage than little ones!"

    There's absolutely NO evidence to support your claim that a dog breed is any more or less prone to aggresive behavior and I'm more inclined to believe the numerous canine researchers who don't believe things like breed specific legislation works, because breed type is not a appropriate evaluator of dog aggression.

    As far as the "that's not even a pit bull" thing goes, it probably doesn;t matter much to you that the media, you know, get #### right, but it matters to me and it matters to anyone who owns one and is potentially subject to having their dog taken away due to BSL created due to that very same media. This, again, came from the National Canine Research Council, not a "pro-pit group".

    You misread what I said. Or completely made it up, I'm not sure, but please, please, pretty please, show me what I said this particular dog isn't a pit. I'll wait.

    I have two pits, wear a tie to work, am white, own my own home, pay my bills, and don't fight my dogs. One of them came from a Florida farm where she would have been a pig hunting dog. The other came from the second largest dog fightign ring bust in US history. So don't give me any #### about being part of the solution. What are you doing to stop being a part of the problem?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    What are you doing to stop being a part of the problem?
    Perhaps... Not harboring a Pitt?

  9. #49
    Registered User warneckutz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    11,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Perhaps... Not harboring a Pitt?
    Nothing wrong with Pitties.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

    It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

  10. #50
    You know the whole argument against breed characteristics is where you lose credibility.

    There are breed specific characteristics in almost every breed and WHATEVER those characteristics are need to be addressed or you're asking for trouble.

    My personal experience has been with German Shepherds, Collies, Huskys and Malamutes.

    There are things about each of them that are a part of their instinctive behaviors that require attention.

Members who have read this thread: 65

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |