Who watched the fight last night?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was surprised. As they were getting to the decision, I told Monello, "That kid can't feel bad about that fight, he definitely brought his game and made Pacquiao work for it."

Then it turned out he won. :lol:

Listening to the analysts going off was a nice little nightcap - what's the black guy's name? I need to watch him more often. :lol:

After the ninth I thought for sure Manny was going to get the KO, then Horn reanimated and got his Hulk on. Whether or not Horn deserved that win, you have to give him credit for hanging in there and finding that second wind.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They reviewed the fight and came to the conclusion Horn won 7 of the rounds to 5 rounds in favor of Pacquiao.

[FONT=&quot]Jeff Horn's controversial unanimous-decision victory over [/FONT]Manny Pacquiao [FONT=&quot]has been vindicated after World Boxing Organisation (WBO) judges rescored the match and reached the same verdict.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The governing body took another look at the match after being implored to do so by Pacquiao and his camp, but the [/FONT]WBO announced[FONT=&quot] its decision and said The Hornet won seven rounds to Pac-Man's five:[/FONT]

hit me with your best shot

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yes, and no (except for Mcgregor vs Mayweather, which will be epic no matter which way it goes).

Mayweather will destroy McGregor, unless McGregor "forgets" he has to box only, and "accidentally" slips in a few MMA moves before Mayweather even knows what hit him. "Ooops - are you ok, Floyd?" Sorry.

Clem72

Mayweather will destroy McGregor, unless McGregor "forgets" he has to box only, and "accidentally" slips in a few MMA moves before Mayweather even knows what hit him. "Ooops - are you ok, Floyd?" Sorry.

Almost certainly. And McGregor will love every second of it as he makes 50x his career earnings to date in one fight. There is literally no downside for him. He is expected to lose, so if he loses it doesn't impact his MMA career and he makes a ton of money. If he somehow wins, holy hell, he could conceivably get paid more for a rematch than any fighter ever has. And either way he is unlikely to get injured as Mayweather doesn't have very heavy fists and doesn't typically hurt his opponents much.