Too Much Patriotism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama warns Americans about too much patriotism — on July 4th weekend!

Barack Obama visited Indonesia this weekend, and in a series of appearances, attacked love of country and the policies of Donald Trump.

The Guardian reports:

The former US president said some countries had adopted “an aggressive kind of nationalism” and “increased resentment of minority groups”, in a speech in Indonesia on Saturday that could be seen as a commentary on the US as well as Indonesia.

“It’s been clear for a while that the world is at a crossroads. At an inflection point,” Obama said, telling a Jakarta crowd stories of how much the capital had improved since he lived there as a child.

But he said that increased prosperity had been accompanied by new global problems, adding that as the world confronts issues ranging from inequality to terrorism, some countries – both developed and less developed – had adopted a more aggressive and isolationist stance.

“If we don’t stand up for tolerance and moderation and respect for others, if we begin to doubt ourselves and all that we have accomplished, then much of the progress that we have made will not continue,” he said.

:killingme

Hijinx

Obama's biggest problem with Patriotism is that he had none.
He hated the country he was President of.
He hated whites.
He hated being in a Democracy and wanted to be an emperor.
He hated living in a Christian country and did everything he could to change it to Islam.

I hope he stays in Indonesia---any country but ours.

hotbikermama40

Obama's biggest problem with Patriotism is that he had none.
He hated the country he was President of.
He hated whites.
He hated being in a Democracy and wanted to be an emperor.
He hated living in a Christian country and did everything he could to change it to Islam.

I hope he stays in Indonesia---any country but ours.

Trump almost HAS to be to make up for that zero level of love for our country Obama had as the president.

limblips

PREMO Member
From Miriam-Webster:

Definition of nationalism
1: loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups. Intense nationalism was one of the causes of the war.

So apparently I am no more allowed to be proud of my country than I am of my white heritage. obamas agenda is so obvious.

littlelady

God bless the USA
From Miriam-Webster:

Definition of nationalism
1: loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups. Intense nationalism was one of the causes of the war.

So apparently I am no more allowed to be proud of my country than I am of my white heritage. obamas agenda is so obvious.

Yep. Happy 4th of July. :patriot:

Bring it. Patriots are ready. There is chit chat that a Muslim Brotherhood guy may be elected the next gov of Michigan. Hold on to your Trump hats, y'all!

Also, someone on my Marine hub's forum said that our independence from Britain brings on a whole new meaning with the Brexit thing. I thought that was hilarious!

My married name is Britton. I, also, find that funny. But, if push comes to shove, I/we will honor our ancestors who built the great country of the United States of America. I have African American, Irish, Scottish, English, French, and Native American ancestors. No ME. Just sayin'.

Also, my mother's great uncle was Clarence Darrow. Just Sayin'. And, now, realize where the site Scopes comes from. Also, my father was a Cajun.Laissez les bons temps rouler :lol:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama Warns of Too Much Patriotism on 4th of July Weekend While Praising Islam During Speech in Indonesia

Barack Hussein Obama spent the week leading up to America’s celebration of independence in his childhood home and Muslim-majority, Indonesia (shocker). In the last leg of his vacation there, he warned a Muslim audience of the dangers of ‘aggressive nationalism’ while he praised Islamic Indonesia.

Reminder, Indonesia just publicly caned a woman for kissing her boyfriend and sentenced a Christian Governor to prison for ‘blaspheming the Quran’. How loving and tolerant!

Hijinx

Obama Warns of Too Much Patriotism on 4th of July Weekend While Praising Islam During Speech in Indonesia

Barack Hussein Obama spent the week leading up to America’s celebration of independence in his childhood home and Muslim-majority, Indonesia (shocker). In the last leg of his vacation there, he warned a Muslim audience of the dangers of ‘aggressive nationalism’ while he praised Islamic Indonesia.

Reminder, Indonesia just publicly caned a woman for kissing her boyfriend and sentenced a Christian Governor to prison for ‘blaspheming the Quran’. How loving and tolerant!

Obama is no more American that I am Indonesian.
He should stay there he loves it so much and while there STFU.