Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sober drivers busted for DUI by psychic police

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I have no problem pulling them over. Not sure I agree to arrest & charge someone for a crime that they have not committed.

I have always suspected the police know who the criminals are. They follow them and wait till they have some sort of traffic violation. I read all the time locally how a routine traffic stop had the officer smelling weed, observing a gun or drugs in plain view.
    None of us know exactly what happens to someone else when they're pulled over. I could believe everything I read in a couple of articles, but the media has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm reluctant to believe most of what I read. There's almost always a slant, to fit someone's agenda, or just to make "the man" look bad. I find it curious that all these "sober" people are spending a national debt trying to prove their innocence, and that's what makes me think that I'm not getting the whole story. Maybe I'm (and the journalist) only getting the part of the story that the "victim" wants me to get.

I just don't think there's a story here, yet.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    I'm not trying to defend the program. All I'm saying is that, to me, he appears to be doing his job, based on the laws of GA, and what his boss tells him he needs to do. If the program is "set up" for failure, well, it's not the first. Sadly, idiots who can't drive will pay through the nose until the kinks are worked out, or the program is abandoned. Moral of the story-if you don't know how to drive, you'll suffer the consequences. I had 2 cops come up behind me this morning, less than 10 minutes apart. Neither of them had a reason to pull me over, so they didn't.
    Seems you want to be in the "If you dont do anything wrong, dont worry about police misbehavior" camp. As I said, I'm all for consequences for poor driving. But that should not include an arrest for a crime you didnt commit. Proof is a wonderful thing. I think the hysteria over drugged driving has spawned consequences that will take a while to sort. But once the tox screen comes back clean, why doesn't the state drop the case?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Seems you want to be in the "If you dont do anything wrong, dont worry about police misbehavior" camp. As I said, I'm all for consequences for poor driving. But that should not include an arrest for a crime you didnt commit. Proof is a wonderful thing. I think the hysteria over drugged driving has spawned consequences that will take a while to sort. But once the tox screen comes back clean, why doesn't the state drop the case?
    Like I said, we don't see everything, we don't hear everything that's being said, and we're not in the court room. So, it's not like I can do something, or defend something, when I don't have the whole story. I'm not in any camp, I'm just stating the obvious. You seem to want to turn this into one of us being right and one of us being wrong. Okay. You're right
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Like I said, we don't see everything, we don't hear everything that's being said, and we're not in the court room. So, it's not like I can do something, or defend something, when I don't have the whole story. I'm not in any camp, I'm just stating the obvious. You seem to want to turn this into one of us being right and one of us being wrong. Okay. You're right
    I know you have anyone you disagree with on ignore, but the transcript of the stop and audio from the stop is in the other thread on this subject.
    http://forums.somd.com/threads/32073...nition-experts
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 61