Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which do you like better: hamburgers or hotdogs?

I had one of each yesterday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I'm a hotdog gal. Preferably Chicago style, but I won't pass up a chilidog or a krautdog, either.

I'm a purist when it comes to my burgers and don't like anything on them except cheese, LTPO, ketchup and mustard. No chili, no mushrooms, no onion rings. But while I'll eat a plain dog with just mustard, I do like to load them up.

Depends on the dog for one.. there are some God awful nasty hotdogs out there. Hebrew National.. I think are the best, Nathans.. NOT BallPark.. or Oscar Mayer..

I love me some special hamburgers.. but they can't be overcooked.. a grey hamburger is unappetizing as hell.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Depends on the dog for one.. there are some God awful nasty hotdogs out there. Hebrew National.. I think are the best, Nathans.. NOT BallPark.. or Oscar Mayer..
    Nathan's hotdogs give me the burps. My favorite is Sahlen's, out of Buffalo, NY - great flavor, natural casing, hard to find. Oscar Mayer is the hotdog of my childhood and they have a distinctive taste - you bite into it and know immediately it's OM. Boar's Head is a really good dog and my go-to.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Nathan's hotdogs give me the burps. My favorite is Sahlen's, out of Buffalo, NY - great flavor, natural casing, hard to find. Oscar Mayer is the hotdog of my childhood and they have a distinctive taste - you bite into it and know immediately it's OM. Boar's Head is a really good dog and my go-to.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/2...LnDotlzM?amp=1

Boars Head.. and there was another Deli Dog (Deutschmacher?) that was really good.. had a distinctive SNAP tonit when you bit into it.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    I prefer to put it on a hot dog skewer over an open fire, let the grease drip out and flame up until the outside is chard black... slap it in a bun, then smother in BBQ Sauce
    That is the correct way to grill a dog or a sausage. What? No chopped red onion?
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Nah, prefer a burger. Brats, knockwurst, kielbasa, sausage - they are not hot dogs.

Now, I like a grilled dog with a little char and a lot of onions. Or pickles. Or sauerkraut.
    But my main thing with hot dogs is, they're extra salty and taste like rolled up baloney.
    Sometimes that's ok, but nothing beats a cheeseburger and beer.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 77