Solomon's Fireworks

Anybody going? I haven't been to any 4th of July shows in a few years, so I thought I'd head to Solomon's tonight.

Shoulda come over with Grumpy. Now I remember why I haven't been to the Solomon's show in years. Got it out of my system, good for another few years.

Goldenhawk

Sorry, I was busy attending the fireworks in Solomons, and didn't get a chance to check the forums. Now what were you asking?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Shoulda come over with Grumpy. Now I remember why I haven't been to the Solomon's show in years. Got it out of my system, good for another few years.

:lol:

I hope they were awesome! Happy 4th, Gh! :patriot:

I'm taking it they were not.

Any fireworks on the 4th probably sucked. It was hot, heavy and still. Don't know what it was like by the water, but without a breeze to clear out the smoke, it becomes an obnoxious cloud.

stgislander

PREMO Member

I saw a picture of your scooter in a TheBayNet article about the fireworks. I thought you were an old white dude?

I'm taking it they were not.

Any fireworks on the 4th probably sucked. It was hot, heavy and still. Don't know what it was like by the water, but without a breeze to clear out the smoke, it becomes an obnoxious cloud.

That was all ok. There was a slight breeze which made the humidity tolerable. Fireworks were very good! Not spectacular, but good. The breeze kept the smoke offshore, and they must have been using a low-smoke powder as there wasn't much to speak of.

But the crowds. Unruly, loud, me-first attitudes, children screaming at the top of their lungs and the parents screaming threats back at them. And getting out of there ..... I had forgotten how traffic is handled. Show was over at 9:45. I didn't get over the bridge towards home until 11. To their credit, the drivers were pretty tolerant considering, let people cut in front when they needed to, no one acting obnoxious driving.

But like I said... now that I've seen the fireworks, I'm good. Don't have to do that for a while.

I saw a picture of your scooter in a TheBayNet article about the fireworks. I thought you were an old white dude?

SURPRISE!!!!

:lol: Nah, that was another one. I parked mine in the upper rear lot. He was right by the boardwalk and the gawkers and questions and looky-loos just never let up on the guy! I knew better than to be right in the middle of that crowd with an attention-getter!

luvmygdaughters

I was at the Rec Center on the 4th with daughters and granddaughters. I left well before the firework display started. We got in the Toby Keith concert traffic, took almost an hour and half to get from entrance to the Target shopping center off of Rt. 4 to the Marine museum. We left about 40 minutes before the concert was over to beat the traffic back out. Never again!!! The rec center on the other hand was really nice, not crowded at all.

Goldenhawk

:lol:

I hope they were awesome! Happy 4th, Gh! :patriot:

They WERE awesome, thanks! We watched from a friend's boat closer to the St Mary's shoreline. First time from that vantage point, and it was great. The booming echoes and the light reflecting off the water were cool, and the sense of both community (plenty of other boaters) and privacy (boaters spread out by a hundred feet or more) was cool. Was especially nice not to wait in a traffic jam for an hour.

And Bernie, the climate was absolutely perfect. Barely humid, clouds for shade, and a very light breeze made for wonderful conditions.

waterfireworks.jpg

PJay

They WERE awesome, thanks! We watched from a friend's boat closer to the St Mary's shoreline. First time from that vantage point, and it was great. The booming echoes and the light reflecting off the water were cool, and the sense of both community (plenty of other boaters) and privacy (boaters spread out by a hundred feet or more) was cool. Was especially nice not to wait in a traffic jam for an hour.

And Bernie, the climate was absolutely perfect. Barely humid, clouds for shade, and a very light breeze made for wonderful conditions.

View attachment 119120

Great capture!

Watched A Capital Forth on our 70incher. Felt like I was there. Great show! Beach Boys, The Four Tops, etc.

littlelady

God bless the USA

View attachment 119120

Beautiful pic. The reflection is awesome! Thanks for posting it. Photo contest worthy, for sure! :patriot:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

But the crowds. Unruly, loud, me-first attitudes, children screaming at the top of their lungs and the parents screaming threats back at them. And getting out of there .....

Yeah that. And, those, shall we say visitors from PG county, on their loud obnoxious crotch rockets with the modified exhausts constantly checking the throttle as if to see if the engine is still running but to actually be saying, 'go ahead and confront me, I'm an untouchable SJW BLM charter member'. Or that member riding with is ho with the ape bars and his radio cranked at the highest volume playing some soul (couldn't call it music) from the 70's. These black degenerates really ruin it for everyone. But what I've found over the years is that the 4th is always much much better on the Island when it falls on a Friday, a Saturday, or Sunday. More of a family affair. People appear to be better behaved with many more vendors and activities, and much more of a law enforcement presence.