CNN and their mob-like tactics

PsyOps

Pixelated
Freedom of the press? Nope
Freedom of speech? Nope
If you dare step out of line with CNN, they will destroy your life. These same people that have admitted to lying over and over again are now engaging in mob-like tactics against private citizens. This network needs to go down - HARD!

CNN accused of threatening to reveal private citizen’s identity over Trump wrestling video

CNN has come under fire for suggesting it will publish the identity of a private citizen if he behaves in a way that displeases the network.

Andrew Kaczynski, senior editor of CNN’s KFile, discovered the identity of the Reddit user who made a short video of President Trump tackling a man with CNN’s logo superimposed on his face to the ground.

CNN is withholding the man’s identity “because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again,” Mr. Kaczynski wrote in an article published Tuesday night.

“CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change,” he continued.

Hijinx

Freedom of the press? Nope
Freedom of speech? Nope
If you dare step out of line with CNN, they will destroy your life. These same people that have admitted to lying over and over again are now engaging in mob-like tactics against private citizens. This network needs to go down - HARD!

CNN accused of threatening to reveal private citizen’s identity over Trump wrestling video

This appears to be the top story this morning.
It's hard to understand how CNN let this turn into the brouhaha it has turned into.
Geez they should have known this was going to backfire.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow, want some hypocrisy sprinkled on that thought control CNN? Cant take a joke much, eh?

awpitt

Main Streeter
"HanA**holeSolo" can post whatever he wants; however, when posting this sort of stuff (this is not an isolated case) he must be ready to be held accountable for his content. There is no anonymity on the Internet.

"I would also like to apologize for the posts made that were racist, bigoted, and anti-semitic. I am in no way this kind of person, I love and accept people of all walks of life and have done so for my entire life.

If not that type of person, then why post racist, bigoted, and anti-Semitic (his words) content?

glhs837

Power with Control
"HanA**holeSolo" can post whatever he wants; however, when posting this sort of stuff (this is not an isolated case) he must be ready to be held accountable for his content. There is no anonymity on the Internet.

If not that type of person, then why post racist, bigoted, and anti-Semitic (his words) content?

I think the issue is that if CNN wants to police Reddit, then fine, but to hold off outing this guy to extract an apology, that's the problem. Tons of people posting nasty stuff all over Reddit, yet CNN takes no issue with that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think the issue is that if CNN wants to police Reddit, then fine, but to hold off outing this guy to extract an apology, that's the problem. Tons of people posting nasty stuff all over Reddit, yet CNN takes no issue with that.

CNN wants to police anyone that puts them in a bad light. They seem to be oblivious to how they put themselves in a bad light on a daily basis. This is all because Trump decided to use the video. If Trump never used it, this wouldn't even be news. This just digs that hole exponentially deeper for CNN. How they are surviving as a network is beyond me.

In any event, they guy ought to sue this network into bankruptcy. They may have journalistic freedom to go after public figures, but not private. Blackmail, defamation, what-have-you... CNN will be the loser on this one.

glhs837

Power with Control
CNN wants to police anyone that puts them in a bad light. They seem to be oblivious to how they put themselves in a bad light on a daily basis. This is all because Trump decided to use the video. If Trump never used it, this wouldn't even be news. This just digs that hole exponentially deeper for CNN. How they are surviving as a network is beyond me.

In any event, they guy ought to sue this network into bankruptcy. They may have journalistic freedom to go after public figures, but not private. Blackmail, defamation, what-have-you... CNN will be the loser on this one.

I mean this is Christie class obliviousness......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
when posting this sort of stuff

What "sort of stuff"? Trump clotheslining a CNN logo?? My, how dangerous! How threatening!

Because, T, that's why they went after him. When he was posting whatever else he posted, nobody cared. But let him mock CNN The Great, and now he must be destroyed.

I never thought I'd see the day when our press would threaten free speech.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In any event, they guy ought to sue this network into bankruptcy.

Sounds like they scared the #### out of him and he caved. Probably threatened to pull a Richard Jewell on them, or a Zimmerman, or the hundreds of every day citizens that the media has released the hounds on and ruined their lives.

Wishbone

They were ok with Beheading or Stabing a "Trump-Like" character on television, stage or internet.

But a CNN logo getting a beat-down, they lose their ####!

:killingme

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sounds like they scared the #### out of him and he caved.

the latest I saw on Fox as I walked through the building lobby, the person is 15
.... I am sure some progbot is feverishly digging up information this guys home address will be tweet out / posted on reddit shortly giving him the conservative treatment

glhs837

Power with Control
They were ok with Beheading or Stabing a "Trump-Like" character on television, stage or internet.

But a CNN logo getting a beat-down, they lose their ####!

:killingme

Ah, but you see (as explained to me by a liberal) that the play is actually an anti-assassination story and so is okay. And did you know that some nothing troupe in Minn, in association with the group in NY, actually did one with an Obama type figure in 2012? Neither did I. But I didn't care about that, nor about the NY one with Trump. I pointed that out to the liberal and said my point wasn't that the play was an outrage, but that the Trump vs CNN thing shouldn't be either

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The stuff he described in his apology.

Again, CNN didn't care about that or any other online troll, UNTIL they were mocked.

So really, don't go there.

The internet is filled with the most vile disgusting shocking hatred - most of which comes from the Left - and CNN doesn't even do a story on it. In fact, they encourage it and call it "free speech". But you let some kid make a meme mocking them and they bring out the hammer. That's bull#### and you know it.

I understand that you're trying to be our Juan Williams around here, and I appreciate that greatly because I like the balance, but at some point even Juan calls things what they are.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Again, CNN didn't care about that or any other online troll, UNTIL they were mocked.

apparently tried to get Trump kicked off Twitter

seleter.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated
The stuff he described in his apology.

Bull####! We can post whatever we want. The ONLY repercussions we should get is criticism. CNN is free to criticize this guy for his postings, but they went WAY beyond that. They are threatening to defame the guy - ruin his life. A so-called "reputable and leading news network" threatening an private citizen for daring to practice free speech. Did you feel the same about the "Shakespeare in the Park" depiction of Trump being murdered deserved to be held accountable? Or was that okay because it was in the name of "art"?

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Bull####! We can post whatever we want. The ONLY repercussions we should get is criticism. CNN is free to criticize this guy for his postings, but they went WAY beyond that. They are threatening to defame the guy - ruin his life. A so-called "reputable and leading news network" threatening an private citizen for daring to practice free speech. Did you feel the same about the "Shakespeare in the Park" depiction of Trump being murdered deserved to be held accountable? Or was that okay because it was in the name of "art"?

serious question, how is it defaming to you if people find out you said what you indeed said?

Midnightrider

serious question, how is it defaming to you if people find out you said what you indeed said?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Defame is not the correct term. What CNN is threatening is to expose this person, publish their name and personal information. This, as you well know, will sic the progdogs on him and they will proceed to target him, his family, and anyone associated with him. They will threaten him with death and violence; they will vandalize his home; they will call for him to be fired from whatever job he might have; and they will basically make his life a living hell because he dared to mock them online.

You know this is true, and if you even hint at denying it it's because you're a mindless bot.

How would you like it if I ran down your personal information, published it, and sent the crazies to come attack you and your family? Because that is exactly what CNN is threatening.