Kamala Harris On Trump Care: 'Don't Take Our Stuff.'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democratic Rising Star Kamala Harris On Trump Care: 'Don't Take Our Stuff.' There's Only One Problem: It's Not Your Stuff.

Kamala Harris
Americans won't "lose" their health care. It's not like we left it on the bus. The Republicans are taking it from us.
Don't take our stuff.

Needless to say, this is imbecilic.

Kamala Harris is right: nobody will be “losing” their health care. They didn’t “leave it on the bus,” because it’s not a physical commodity. And it was never “their stuff.”

Those on Medicaid had a grant from the government, taken from redistributed money, to help pay for their health care, which they obtained by pressuring doctors to provide it at low reimbursement rates. It wasn’t “theirs” any more than unemployment benefits are “yours” or welfare is “yours” or any other redistributionist outcome is “yours.”

Health care is a series of goods and services that belong to someone else until you pay for them in an exchange mutually agreed by the two sides. My wife is a doctor. Her labor is not “your stuff.” That would make her an indentured servant. She has sunk some nine years of her life into becoming a doctor — four years of college, four years of medical school, and now she’s just completed her first year of residency. That means we’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on her education, and she’s spent countless hours working, away from home, studying, and the like.

That work is not “yours.” It isn’t Kamala Harris’.

h3mech

we want it fixed, you all need to get over that. I know your butt is still hurt after POTUS won

Democratic Rising Star Kamala Harris On Trump Care: 'Don't Take Our Stuff.' There's Only One Problem: It's Not Your Stuff.

Kamala Harris
Americans won't "lose" their health care. It's not like we left it on the bus. The Republicans are taking it from us.
Don't take our stuff.

Needless to say, this is imbecilic.

Kamala Harris is right: nobody will be “losing” their health care. They didn’t “leave it on the bus,” because it’s not a physical commodity. And it was never “their stuff.”

Those on Medicaid had a grant from the government, taken from redistributed money, to help pay for their health care, which they obtained by pressuring doctors to provide it at low reimbursement rates. It wasn’t “theirs” any more than unemployment benefits are “yours” or welfare is “yours” or any other redistributionist outcome is “yours.”

Health care is a series of goods and services that belong to someone else until you pay for them in an exchange mutually agreed by the two sides. My wife is a doctor. Her labor is not “your stuff.” That would make her an indentured servant. She has sunk some nine years of her life into becoming a doctor — four years of college, four years of medical school, and now she’s just completed her first year of residency. That means we’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on her education, and she’s spent countless hours working, away from home, studying, and the like.

That work is not “yours.” It isn’t Kamala Harris’.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kamala Harris is not an idiot, but her constituents are and she knows it, and she wants to keep her Congressional seat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I heard this woman is on someones short list for 2020.

Short bus, maybe. There aren't enough idiots in this country to make her president, not to mention Barack Obama ruined it for black people for the next two generations and Hillary ruined it for women.

Hijinx

Short bus, maybe. There aren't enough idiots in this country to make her president, not to mention Barack Obama ruined it for black people for the next two generations and Hillary ruined it for women.

There were enough to elect her Senator.
I would say it's because she is from California. but we here in Maryland are just as bad. Look at the dildo's we sent to the senate.

Wishbone

There were enough to elect her Senator.
I would say it's because she is from California. but we here in Maryland are just as bad. Look at the dildo's we sent to the senate.

... Or the ones that fill the state house in Annapolis.