Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Homeless in Charlotte Hall

  1. #1
    Registered User kalmd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    906

    Homeless in Charlotte Hall

    Heard rumors of a homeless camp somewhere behind the Charlotte Hall Food Lion. Friend says one made snide comments to her when she wouldn't give him money when she was leaving the store. She didn't feel very safe because the guy was rude to her. Also heard they are crossing 235 right in front of traffic. Seems as if they are trying to be hit on purpose, probably to get some money if you hit them. Anyone else have any encounters? I see Food Lion losing business if people don't feel safe going to their store without being harassed by people asking for money.
    Daily Thought: Some people are like slinkies--not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

  2. #2
    I've seen many rag-tag people walking into and out of the woods behind Food Lion and in the woods all the way down to Rt6. Sometimes in the winter you can see a tent or two.
    Same with the woods behind the Tobacco barn in Hughsville.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  3. #3
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    115,309
    Blog Entries
    2
    Let Food Lion know so they can roust them. You're right that people will stop shopping there if they get accosted by aggressive homeless people.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #4
    no more. Homesick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Un - United States of America
    Posts
    4,397
    They are probably feeding from the dumpsters. Sad. Sounds like that area sure has changed.

  5. #5
    I Need a Life luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    4,673
    Make sure you tell the management if you are harassed by these people. They can call the cops and No Trespassing orders can be brought upon them. I never understood why a business would allow this on their property, I have been in St. Marys Square and complained to management of the stores. Nothing ever happens though.

  6. #6
    Registered User Forkian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by kalmd View Post
    Heard rumors of a homeless camp somewhere behind the Charlotte Hall Food Lion. Friend says one made snide comments to her when she wouldn't give him money when she was leaving the store. She didn't feel very safe because the guy was rude to her. Also heard they are crossing 235 right in front of traffic. Seems as if they are trying to be hit on purpose, probably to get some money if you hit them. Anyone else have any encounters? I see Food Lion losing business if people don't feel safe going to their store without being harassed by people asking for money.
    I also heard rumors that they have a rare type of rabies that you can catch if you make eye contact. Be very afraid!

  7. #7
    no more. Homesick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Un - United States of America
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by forkian View Post
    i also heard rumors that they have a rare type of rabies that you can catch if you make eye contact. Be very afraid!
    lol

  8. #8
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18,999
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Make sure you tell the management if you are harassed by these people. They can call the cops and No Trespassing orders can be brought upon them. I never understood why a business would allow this on their property, I have been in St. Marys Square and complained to management of the stores. Nothing ever happens though.
    You mean nothing other than the formation of the COPS unit, which routinely arrests folks for trespassing for there and the Millison Properties? Other than that, yep, nothing done. And yes, I frequent both places regularly. Lately, they big problem is the bike guy who frequents San Souci and Dicks and I think makes his way down to the Millison area.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  9. #9
    Registered User kalmd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    I also heard rumors that they have a rare type of rabies that you can catch if you make eye contact. Be very afraid!
    Daily Thought: Some people are like slinkies--not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

  10. #10
    I Need a Life luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    You mean nothing other than the formation of the COPS unit, which routinely arrests folks for trespassing for there and the Millison Properties? Other than that, yep, nothing done. And yes, I frequent both places regularly. Lately, they big problem is the bike guy who frequents San Souci and Dicks and I think makes his way down to the Millison area.
    Forgot to mention the Wawa in Charlotte Hall also.

Members who have read this thread: 127

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |