This is a fabulous read

glhs837

Power with Control
Why the media has broken down in the age of Trump
http://nypost.com/2017/07/01/why-the-media-has-broken-down-in-the-age-of-trump/

I can't even pull a quote because it's all good. THIS is what I was looking for - an explanation as to why these people are willing to destroy themselves over their hatred of Trump.

I can, with a small add for context. The author talks about a previous editor of the NYT, Abe Rosenthal.

As for reporters’ opinions, Abe had a similar approach. He didn’t want them in the news pages. And if you put them in, he took them out. They belonged in the opinion pages only, which were managed separately. Abe said he knew reporters tended to lean left and would find ways to sneak their views into the stories. So he saw his job as steering the paper slightly to the right. “That way,” he said, “the paper would end up in the middle.”

This. Public trust in your reporting is a wall, built out of customers belief that you are reporting IAW Abe Rosenthal tenets. Every time you fail to do so, another brick is removed from that wall.

Grumpy

Liberals used to love to say, “I don’t agree with your opinion, but I would fight to the death for your right to express it.” You don’t hear that anymore from the Left. Now they want to shut you up if you don’t agree. And they are having some success.

This^

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Among the many firsts, last year’s election gave us the gobsmacking revelation that most of the mainstream media puts both thumbs on the scale — that most of what you read, watch and listen to is distorted by intentional bias and hostility. I have never seen anything like it. Not even close.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The behavior of much of the media, but especially the New York Times, was a disgrace. I don’t believe it ever will recover the public trust it squandered.

it merely confirmed what Rush Limbaugh's audience has known for 25 yrs .... the main stream media - LAT, NYT, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN - etc is biased

there is a reason Rush called it State Run Media under Clinton and Obama

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Subscribe to Hillsdale College's IMPRIMIS. All you have to do is make any donation to the school that teaches and educates on the Constitution (imprimis@hillsdale.edu).

If you call yourself conservative, you really should support publications like this.

A speech on April 20, 2017 in Atlanta by Michael Goodwin, political columnist for several NYC papers, including the NY Times, and worked for Abe Rosenthal, quoted in posted article. A quote from the speech:

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/2016-election-demise-journalistic-standards/

"If I haven’t made it clear, let me do so now. The behavior of much of the media, but especially The New York Times, was a disgrace. I don’t believe it ever will recover the public trust it squandered."

"As for reporters’ opinions, Abe had a similar approach. He didn’t want them in the news pages. And if you put them in, he took them out. They belonged in the opinion pages only, which were managed separately. Abe said he knew reporters tended to lean left and would find ways to sneak their views into the stories. So he saw his job as steering the paper slightly to the right. “That way,” he said, “the paper would end up in the middle.” He was well known for this attitude, which he summed up as “keeping the paper straight.” He even said he wanted his epitaph to read, “He kept the paper straight.” Like most people, I thought this was a joke. But after I related all this in a column last year, his widow contacted me and said it wasn’t a joke—that, in fact, Abe’s tombstone reads, “He kept the paper straight.” She sent me a picture to prove it. I published that picture of his tombstone alongside a column where I excoriated the Times for its election coverage. Sadly, the Times’ high standards were buried with Abe Rosenthal.

Last edited: