Hobby Lobby fined $3 million for smuggling looted Iraq antiquities.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:yawn:

and if this wasn't the owner of Hobby Lobby this wouldn't even be a foot note

thurley42

HY;FR
I always love when rando internet warriors call executives in high level positions making waaaaaaay more money idiots....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The owners took a chance that the objects were legitimately available, and it turned out they were possibly wrong. They paid a hefty fine, did not insist that there was no wrongdoing in the procuring of "other Iraqi archaeological objects that might have been looted from the war-torn country", and should be more careful in the future. End of story.

Christians do make mistakes, ya know. They do have this tendency to stand up to them as well.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

Clem72

I always love when rando internet warriors call executives in high level positions making waaaaaaay more money idiots....

Not listening to your lawyer and committing a crime for no other reason than vanity is greater proof of stupidity than being an executive and having lots of money is proof of intelligence.

Clem72

The owners took a chance that the objects were legitimately available, and it turned out they were possibly wrong. They paid a hefty fine, did not insist that there was no wrongdoing in the procuring of "other Iraqi archaeological objects that might have been looted from the war-torn country", and should be more careful in the future. End of story.

Christians do make mistakes, ya know. They do have this tendency to stand up to them as well.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

Setting aside the religious aspects, which aren't really relevant. There was no "might have been", it was more "these are definitely looted, but you probably won't get caught".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sappy takes his Dunning-Kruger Syndrome to new heights daily.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge,"

Daniel Boorstin

"It's a universal law -- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education," observed Alexander Solzhenitsyn. "An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility."

Sapidus

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge,"

Daniel Boorstin

"It's a universal law -- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education," observed Alexander Solzhenitsyn. "An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience,
whereas truly profound education breeds humility."

No one brought the owners religion into this except you. I was pointing out that these funds were probably used to fund terrorist activities since those are the people most likely to have looted these artifacts. Seems like you might be a bit hyper sensitive.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Seems like you might be a bit hyper sensitive.

did you even read the headlines or the story .....

Christian-owned Hobby Lobby accused of hypocrisy after being fined for role in smuggling case

however, your attitude towards people of faith is quite obvious .......
as I said, this wouldn't be a foot note on a news paper except #Hobbylobby - run by Icky Christians

Sapidus

did you even read the headlines or the story .....

Christian-owned Hobby Lobby accused of hypocrisy after being fined for role in smuggling case
however, your attitude towards people of faith is quite obvious .......
as I said, this wouldn't be a foot note on a news paper except #Hobbylobby - run by Icky Christians

No one cares about your faith until it becomes blatantly hypocritical in cases such as this