Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: I have a couple of driving rants

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Not if yr the only one driving slower. I may even speed up to get well out of your area before you cause a major accident.
    Smooth traffic flow good, turbulence bad. Folks not going with the flow cause turbulence.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    Damn, that's harsh, Bro! Please don't tell me that I bought a girl car! I though those were Passats.

At this point in my life, I've decided that I don't care what other people think. We used to laugh at Aps and his Miata, but now I've come to appreciate anything that makes life's mundane tasks more interesting.
    Just busting your balls, it really isn't a particularly girly car (like a Miata), just that is what drives most of the Jettas on the road.

When I see a Jetta I check for a cute girl driving it.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Smooth traffic flow good, turbulence bad. Folks not going with the flow cause turbulence.
    Psy is like the large stone in a fast flowing creek...yeah, the water finds it's way around but it's gonna wear it to a nub eventually.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Psy is like the large stone in a fast flowing creek...yeah, the water finds it's way around but it's gonna wear it to a nub eventually.
    More likely he'll just get pushed downstream until he lodges between a rock and a hard place.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    More likely he'll just get pushed downstream until he lodges between a rock and a hard place.
    You playing here all weak?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

You playing here all weak?
    I have a long term engagement here.
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I have a long term engagement here.
    As long as it pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Just busting your balls, it really isn't a particularly girly car (like a Miata), just that is what drives most of the Jettas on the road.

When I see a Jetta I check for a cute girl driving it.
    I figured as much. I don't take #### like that seriously any more.

I've always been a VW fan and when this one hit Craigslist, I had to jump. It's a ball to drive. Drove it back from Fredsburg via 218 on a sunny afternoon. Talk about a rush! My nephew was following me back and lost sight of me after about 3 minutes. He said he knew I was fueling up at Wawa, so he'd just catch up to me there.

The combination of low CoG, TDI, and 5 speed is nothing short of awesome. The 40+ MPG doesn't hurt my feelings either. After driving a lifted Trail Blazer with over sized BFG Mud Terrains daily, refueling is a pleasure.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

#AryanLivesMatterMost

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo
    Or our you too freaking dense to see that?

Not if yr the only one driving slower. I may even speed up to get well out of your area before you cause a major accident.
    I have been driving for 40 years pretty much the same way, in America, Europe, Korea... never EVER caused a major accident. EVER! The only thing I can say I might have done is piss a bunch of impatient and angry drivers off; and I rightly don't give a damn about that.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I have been driving for 40 years pretty much the same way, in America, Europe, Korea... never EVER caused a major accident. EVER! The only thing I can say I might have done is piss a bunch of impatient and angry drivers off; and I rightly don't give a damn about that.
    Talk about pissing off people.... when I take the Slingshot out for a ride, people look at it and just assume I'm going to burn up the road. Boy are they surprised when they get behind me thinking I'm going to plow a path, and I do the speed limit.
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 154