Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a couple of driving rants

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    A "practice" that has been made illegal in many states now...hopefully in MD too, eventually.
    We enacted the move over law a few years ago here. It helps but so many still think that impeding others while doing the speed limit is still legal for them.
    It's difficult for the minions to grasp to move over for someone that is speeding because they have the right away.
    And I'm a right lane driver.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    You always struck me as "that guy".
    So now it's a bad thing to do the speed limit in the right lane?

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Damn Right! If you want to do the speed limit, drive on the damned shoulder!
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

#AryanLivesMatterMost

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo
    Or our you too freaking dense to see that?

I usually stay in the right lane, cruising at about 62-65, this is on 235/5 to Rt. 6. Its nothing for cars to pass me like I'm sitting still. They have to be pushing 70-80 mph. When I have to move to the left lane, so I can make the left onto 6...the battle is on! Before, I would wait until I was approximately 1/4 mile from the turn, that started to be impossible, no one will let you over, so now, I move into the left lane as I come past the 7-11 in Mechanicsville. I am still maintaining a speed of 62-65 miles per hour which is 7 to 10 miles above the posted speed limit. Its not the beltway people, its Rt. 5. Same for the spot in Leonardtown where the speed limit is 40 mph, thats a joke, people fly thru there doing well over the posted speed, which results in quite a few rear end smash ups.

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    Lol.. that's one of the reasons I love my long as a bus dually, it's funny how folks driving compact cars ride my bumper in the right lane trying to intimate me.

Bad? No. Less than optimal sometimes, yes, depending on traffic. If traffic is moving about, it sometimes is a bit better to be flexible and adjust your speed up and down a bit. Not for you, but for the collective mass of drivers. Being a proactive part of traffic always better than being an unmoving object.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    I usually stay in the right lane, cruising at about 62-65, this is on 235/5 to Rt. 6. Its nothing for cars to pass me like I'm sitting still. They have to be pushing 70-80 mph. When I have to move to the left lane, so I can make the left onto 6...the battle is on! Before, I would wait until I was approximately 1/4 mile from the turn, that started to be impossible, no one will let you over, so now, I move into the left lane as I come past the 7-11 in Mechanicsville. I am still maintaining a speed of 62-65 miles per hour which is 7 to 10 miles above the posted speed limit. Its not the beltway people, its Rt. 5. Same for the spot in Leonardtown where the speed limit is 40 mph, thats a joke, people fly thru there doing well over the posted speed, which results in quite a few rear end smash ups.
    Unless it's been changed the speed limit in front of Mechanicsville 7/11 is 45 mph..
    Is it ok to drive through your neighborhood at 20 to 25 over?

I normally use the center or left lanes and try to keep my speed under 35mph.

Just doing my part to help get everyone blood pressure up so they can face the day.

You're welcome!

Unless it's been changed the speed limit in front of Mechanicsville 7/11 is 45 mph..
    Is it ok to drive through your neighborhood at 20 to 25 over?
    Southbound, I believe you're right..but I think it's 55 northbound.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    It's getting to that point!
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 154