Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a couple of driving rants

Man, I'm still here !!!
    first rant, they might have a radar detector, I do and always want that sacrificial lamb in front of me in case LEO is shooting instant on. Are you going 8-10 over speed limit? If i don’t have cars in front of me I'll usually go 8-10 over, trying not to be a dick by pacing another car in left/right lane, I do drive in right lane except to pass, OFTEN....

Second rant, Dudes a phucking dick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Bad? No. Less than optimal sometimes, yes, depending on traffic. If traffic is moving about, it sometimes is a bit better to be flexible and adjust your speed up and down a bit. Not for you, but for the collective mass of drivers. Being a proactive part of traffic always better than being an unmoving object.
    Maybe if so many folks left home early enough along with talking,texting,doing makeup,shaving and endless other distracting things while driving and just drive the speed limit like they were taught, lots of sillyness would end.
    It's supposed to be a privilege..
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Unless it's been changed the speed limit in front of Mechanicsville 7/11 is 45 mph..
    Is it ok to drive through your neighborhood at 20 to 25 over?
    Northbound is 55 mph, southbound is 45, but thats a joke too.

I tend to drive a bit fast, but northbound Rt 4 out of Northern Calvert is insane in the early morning. Someone is constantly on my bumper, no matter what my speed is. Much better coming in after 8 (or even 9)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Maybe if so many folks left home early enough along with talking,texting,doing makeup,shaving and endless other distracting things while driving and just drive the speed limit like they were taught, lots of sillyness would end.

Their lack of punctuality is nobody's problem but their own. It's absurd for anyone to suggest someone exceed the posted speed limit - which is against the law, btw - in order to accommodate those who can't get their #### together enough to get to work on time.

Bitching about someone obeying the law...that's a good one.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Bad? No. Less than optimal sometimes, yes, depending on traffic. If traffic is moving about, it sometimes is a bit better to be flexible and adjust your speed up and down a bit. Not for you, but for the collective mass of drivers. Being a proactive part of traffic always better than being an unmoving object.
    It's a long-established fact that the safest traffic flow is one with the least speed differential between all vehicles in it. So that "ahma be a stickler and drive 55" person in the middle of a traffic flow averaging 65...that driver is not the safest on the road, they are, in fact, by far the most dangerous; the most likely to contribute to an accident sequence.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    It's a long-established fact that the safest traffic flow is one with the least speed differential between all vehicles in it. So that "ahma be a stickler and drive 55" person in the middle of a traffic flow averaging 65...that driver is not the safest on the road, they are, in fact, by far the most dangerous; the most likely to contribute to an accident sequence.
    That's a crock of cow patty. The only reason they are "far more dangerous" is because people get impatient, tailgate, push, cut off in a fit of rage because someone dare to stay the speed limit. If folks just grow some patience and stop thinking everyone needs to go their blazing speed or get the hell out of the way our road would be far more safe.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Comical

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    This gets my vote.

Also, left lane campers - who are almost always women or old people - who seem oblivious to the cars rushing by them on the right because they are going 10 mph below the speed limit.
    I find some of this comical especially the "almost always women or old people", got stats?? Didn't think so. I find it crazy that this is the same forum that was condemning the twenty something young man that was killed while driving his red mustang on 4 a few months ago. Many people stating that he must have been speeding. If you're not doing 70 on parts of route 4 you will get run over. Maybe he was speeding (that's not been released) but he's also less experienced trying to keep up with the asshats doing 70. Or maybe he was trying to avoid a deer (there were 3 dead within a mile of the scene the next day) or someone else trying to avoid a deer and caused him to lose control. Either way there's too much reckless driving going on whether it be speeding or the ever too popular in MD no one knowing how to use a damn blinker.
    For the record my cruise control is set at 62 because I like my license as it is (no points), I don't want to get run over, and most importantly I have kids in my truck.
    Yesterday on 4 in the right lane I would have had no problem giving the driver of the blue Honda Accord on my ass a new hood ornament of my trailer hitch.
    To the OP I do believe both that you encountered yesterday were being douchebags.

Exactly. I did not say that obeying the limit is bad. My point was that the best traffic flow is one where everyone is working together regardless of speed to allow faster drivers to get by and the faster drivers working to not encroach the slower. that means that at some point, it's best for the slower ones to speed up a bit, and the faster ones to slow down. Being aware of traffic in a huge bubble around you and planning accordingly is better than blindly picking a number and sticking to it. Blindly performing the perfect waltz on the dance floor while ignoring others dancing doesn't always work.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    That's a crock of cow patty. The only reason they are "far more dangerous" is because people get impatient, tailgate, push, cut off in a fit of rage because someone dare to stay the speed limit. If folks just grow some patience and stop thinking everyone needs to go their blazing speed or get the hell out of the way our road would be far more safe.
    No actually...it's a very well documented fact an facet of roadway design and safety analyses. Your own ignorance of the subject does not change that.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 155