Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a couple of driving rants

I have a couple of driving rants

First rant:

This is a routine thing on my 50 commute to and from work. Maybe the folks who do this can answer why...

Driving in the right land up rt 4. Car is approaching in the left lane going at a much faster clip than me. I pay him no mind since he will be gone quickly. Gets next to me and slows down and paces me. Will pace me to the point where I come up on a slower car I want to pass, but can't.

WHY?

Second rant:

I'm la dee da-ing in the right lane listening to my Pat Metheny. Car passes me in the left at a good clip. Car gets in front of me and slows down. I pass car and get back in right lane. Car decides to pass me again, gets in front of me and slows down.

WHY?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

I can't provide any answers, but I relate.....it usually happens to me in the mornings on Rt. 4 (PF to Pax). On the way home it's a completely different problem, rolling roadblock at 50MPH. Nothing more maddening than running the 235/bridge gaundlet and then getting stuck in a cluster the entire way home.
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day - Mr. J

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    First rant:

This is a routine thing on my 50 commute to and from work. Maybe the folks who do this can answer why...

Driving in the right land up rt 4. Car is approaching in the left lane going at a much faster clip than me. I pay him no mind since he will be gone quickly. Gets next to me and slows down and paces me. Will pace me to the point where I come up on a slower car I want to pass, but can't.

WHY?

Second rant:

I'm la dee da-ing in the right lane listening to my Pat Metheny. Car passes me in the left at a good clip. Car gets in front of me and slows down. I pass car and get back in right lane. Car decides to pass me again, gets in front of me and slows down.

WHY?
    Rant 1. The driver in the other lane pacing you is just being a wank.

Rant 2. That guy is thinking, 'At least I am in front of you.' That's when you wait for him to get behind someone going slower, then pull into the left lane and pace him. Might be a d*ckhead move, but you can him, or fly by in the left lane and .
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Traffic jams??? A traffic jam where I live is two or three cars backed up behind Mrs Betty Bluehair going through town taking extra time at the 4 stop signs on Main St.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Dickheads, that's why. Some people just want to screw with others. There's not even an element of self appointed policing in those behaviors. Just #######ry.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    First rant:

WHY?

Second rant:

WHY?
    Does your vehicle in any way resemble a police vehicle? I've noticed that a lot of times when I'm behind someone they slow down and I believe its because I drive a blacked out SUV that looks similar to the unmarked ones the police drive in. Could be why they're "afraid" to pass you in the left lane. If you're vehicle doesn't resemble a police vehicle than the driver is just a douche which, I have found greatly outnumber the competent drivers in the area.

Are we ranting? I have had it with white pickup trucks on route 5 pulling out directly in front of me when I am going 55-60mph and there is no one behind me for 100 yards or more. Wait two goddamn seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Are we ranting? I have had it with white pickup trucks on route 5 pulling out directly in front of me when I am going 55-60mph and there is no one behind me for 100 yards or more. Wait two goddamn seconds.
    I like the ones that slowly pull out and go directly to the fast lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I like the ones that slowly pull out and go directly to the fast lane.
    I've seen countless people do this coming out of the WAWA on 301 in Upper Marlboro. Even a few tractor trailers on occasion.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Hey! No rant hijacking.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Members who have read this thread: 155