Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republicans are better tippers than Democrats....

Republicans are better tippers than Democrats....

Last edited by Bird Dog; 07-10-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Leftists are only generous when it comes to other peoples money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post

Yeah you beat me to it - I was going to say, of course, it's their OWN money.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post

They are also very enthusiastic receivers when money is being doled out.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Blog Entries
    1 of the demographics that the dems pander to are notorious lousy tippers. It's a well known 'secret' in server circles plus the added bonus of them being quite demanding of the servers time with lots of special requests. Ever wonder why groups of 6 or more get the tip added to their check?

I'm sure the above fact and that democrats are niggardly overall would back up the link's claim.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    1 of the demographics that the dems pander to are notorious lousy tippers. It's a well known 'secret' in server circles plus the added bonus of them being quite demanding of the servers time with lots of special requests. Ever wonder why groups of 6 or more get the tip added to their check?

I'm sure the above fact and that democrats are niggardly overall would back up the link's claim.

Years ago, when my sister made money in various venues as a waitress, she confirmed your remark - which I've heard many times in years since - and added her own experience in who tips well and who doesn't.

Old people tip poorly. She never faulted them much for it, because in general, they stayed the shortest time at their table and ordered small meals.
    GROUPS tipped *terrible* as a whole when divided per capita. I swear EVERY time we had a group check, I would toss in an extra ten above my own meal and tip - and we STILL DIDN'T have enough to cover the meal, much less the tip. I was only ever able to attribute this to a couple things - one was, we had severe cheapskates who were paying WAY less than they ran up (I mean, seriously, when you know you ran up a 15 dollar lunch and put in **30** - and it ain't enough - a lot of people are not doing their job). The other reason was - some people are just extraordinarily stupid when it comes to how much they "owe". "I ordered a 10.99 burger - I put in twelve." Moron. 11 bucks - and 3 dollar drink - and tax - and tip - you're already about six to seven bucks short. And then there's the beer you ordered - and the appetizers you ate from ----

So yeah, I get it why gratuity is added for groups. It only takes about two or three total morons to screw it up for everyone.

My sister said that typically, young men on dates tipped well. But young people dining alone tipped poorly and she said professional women tipped the worst.
    One tossed a dollar and said "go to college, sweetie". She was IN college.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    One tossed a dollar and said "go to college, sweetie". She was IN college.
    People like that are remembered and get serviced like they tip if they return to the same place.

Blog Entries
    I waited tables while going to school. 1 evening there was an obnoxious table. The DR manager had the bus boy go over and take everything off the table. He even removed the tablecloth. Manager proceeds to walk over and tell the people that until they learned how to behave they weren't welcomed in HIS dining room. Looking back he was 1 of the better bosses that I worked for.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Making up stuff like this is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Making up stuff like this is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.
    Who said it was made up?
    On the other hand - it's more or less meaningless.

One thing I have noticed - POOR people tend to be more generous when it comes to charity as a portion of their income.
    I've seen countless studies and we've all seen the videos where homeless people give their food and money away.
    I find that amazing.

Members who have read this thread: 30