Republicans are better tippers than Democrats....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
1 of the demographics that the dems pander to are notorious lousy tippers. It's a well known 'secret' in server circles plus the added bonus of them being quite demanding of the servers time with lots of special requests. Ever wonder why groups of 6 or more get the tip added to their check?

I'm sure the above fact and that democrats are niggardly overall would back up the link's claim.

SamSpade

1 of the demographics that the dems pander to are notorious lousy tippers. It's a well known 'secret' in server circles plus the added bonus of them being quite demanding of the servers time with lots of special requests. Ever wonder why groups of 6 or more get the tip added to their check?

I'm sure the above fact and that democrats are niggardly overall would back up the link's claim.

Years ago, when my sister made money in various venues as a waitress, she confirmed your remark - which I've heard many times in years since - and added her own experience in who tips well and who doesn't.

Old people tip poorly. She never faulted them much for it, because in general, they stayed the shortest time at their table and ordered small meals.
GROUPS tipped *terrible* as a whole when divided per capita. I swear EVERY time we had a group check, I would toss in an extra ten above my own meal and tip - and we STILL DIDN'T have enough to cover the meal, much less the tip. I was only ever able to attribute this to a couple things - one was, we had severe cheapskates who were paying WAY less than they ran up (I mean, seriously, when you know you ran up a 15 dollar lunch and put in **30** - and it ain't enough - a lot of people are not doing their job). The other reason was - some people are just extraordinarily stupid when it comes to how much they "owe". "I ordered a 10.99 burger - I put in twelve." Moron. 11 bucks - and 3 dollar drink - and tax - and tip - you're already about six to seven bucks short. And then there's the beer you ordered - and the appetizers you ate from ----

So yeah, I get it why gratuity is added for groups. It only takes about two or three total morons to screw it up for everyone.

My sister said that typically, young men on dates tipped well. But young people dining alone tipped poorly and she said professional women tipped the worst.
One tossed a dollar and said "go to college, sweetie". She was IN college.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I waited tables while going to school. 1 evening there was an obnoxious table. The DR manager had the bus boy go over and take everything off the table. He even removed the tablecloth. Manager proceeds to walk over and tell the people that until they learned how to behave they weren't welcomed in HIS dining room. Looking back he was 1 of the better bosses that I worked for.

SamSpade

Making up stuff like this is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Who said it was made up?
On the other hand - it's more or less meaningless.

One thing I have noticed - POOR people tend to be more generous when it comes to charity as a portion of their income.
I've seen countless studies and we've all seen the videos where homeless people give their food and money away.
I find that amazing.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Making up stuff like this is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

What was made up......two links on the same topic. Must of hit home.

CNN, WAPO, and the NYT have been making stuff up for over a year now.......just sayin'

awpitt

Main Streeter
Who said it was made up?
On the other hand - it's more or less meaningless.

One thing I have noticed - POOR people tend to be more generous when it comes to charity as a portion of their income.
I've seen countless studies and we've all seen the videos where homeless people give their food and money away.
I find that amazing.

You're right. It is meaningless. And I agree with you about how poor people tend to be more generous when it comes to charity. As far as tipping, I used to deliver pizzas here locally and the best tippers were not
in the "affluent" neighborhoods. As an example, Wildewood (arguably GOP territory) was one of the worst. The military housing areas, on and off base, were pretty much the best.

SamSpade

You're right. It is meaningless. And I agree with you about how poor people tend to be more generous when it comes to charity. As far as tipping, I used to deliver pizzas here locally and the best tippers were not
in the "affluent" neighborhoods. As an example, Wildewood (arguably GOP territory) was one of the worst. The military housing areas, on and off base, were pretty much the best.

I once delivered pizzas for a living - the best places were the heavy blue collar neighborhoods on WWF nights - when they were all too drunk to know a 5 from a 20.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I once delivered pizzas for a living - the best places were the heavy blue collar neighborhoods on WWF nights - when they were all too drunk to know a 5 from a 20.

Super Bowl Sunday .... and sunday the redskins play