Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Pink

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    No, what is really frightening is that you think a pretty woman wearing something pretty is therefore "ornamental".
    There is a certain reality that we all try to be somewhat "ornamental" in how we choose to dress ourselves or personal hygiene and all of that. I mean we all want to look good; at least in how we interpret that. What if Invanka said "screw it, I don't care what people think how I look" and decided to stop shaving her legs and pits? The MSM Trump-hating crowd would freak out over it. We often make fun of Hillary and her ugly pantsuits.

    But, we want to present ourselves in a good light in terms of how we view it and how the general public might view us - that sort of defines "ornamental" in how we present ourselves. So, I don't see the big deal. Our MSM have become so petty and childish.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  2. #22
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,617
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I think it is pretty damned misogynistic to suggest that a woman being dressed in a "girlie" fashion can't be taken seriously.



    No, what is really frightening is that you think a pretty woman wearing something pretty is therefore "ornamental".

    Yep, that's ol misogynistic Trump for you, his daughter is ornamental....... do they even think about the things they say?
    "I aim to misbehave."

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    There is a certain reality that we all try to be somewhat "ornamental" in how we choose to dress ourselves or personal hygiene and all of that. I mean we all want to look good; at least in how we interpret that. What if Invanka said "screw it, I don't care what people think how I look" and decided to stop shaving her legs and pits? The MSM Trump-hating crowd would freak out over it. We often make fun of Hillary and her ugly pantsuits.

    But, we want to present ourselves in a good light in terms of how we view it and how the general public might view us - that sort of defines "ornamental" in how we present ourselves. So, I don't see the big deal. Our MSM have become so petty and childish.
    She literally said that because Ivanka wore bows on her sleeves she looked like property. I think she looked like a pretty woman who also happens to be pretty damned smart and seemingly able to hold her own around a bunch of other smart people.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    She literally said that because Ivanka wore bows on her sleeves she looked like property. I think she looked like a pretty woman who also happens to be pretty damned smart and seemingly able to hold her own around a bunch of other smart people.
    Well, if how someone dresses determines these things, the perhaps they ought to zoom in on Whoopi Goldberg. That woman dresses like a homeless slob.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Yep, that's ol misogynistic Trump for you, his daughter is ornamental....... do they even think about the things they say?
    Purely ornamental. But also secretly in charge as she can send her daddy away and take over discussions at the G20.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Purely ornamental. But also secretly in charge as she can send her daddy away and take over discussions at the G20.
    But isn't that what we were sold with Bill and Hillary back in the 90's... two for the price of one?
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

  7. #27
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Purely ornamental. But also secretly in charge as she can send her daddy away and take over discussions at the G20.
    Yep, just ol Evilgeniusblithingidiot Bush, who was so dumb that he couldn't pronounce nukelar :) but was able to mastermind the greatest coverup know to man that remains in place to this day...
    "I aim to misbehave."

  8. #28
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,188
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Yep, just ol Evilgeniusblithingidiot Bush, who was so dumb that he couldn't pronounce nukelar :) but was able to mastermind the greatest coverup know to man that remains in place to this day...
    Bush didn't mastermind the route to his ####ter.
    Je suis prest

  9. #29
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,617
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Bush didn't mastermind the route to his ####ter.
    Depends on who you ask :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Bush didn't mastermind the route to his ####ter.
    Yes he did. Then he put up a "Mission Accomplished" banner to show off his accomplishment to mommy.

Members who have read this thread: 68

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |