Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Decade long serch for new FBI building site collapes....

  1. #11
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Moving the FBI away from Washington would entail moving a thousand or more people with it. You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave. Of course you are right they could move to Wyoming if they wanted but still you would lose a lot of people who are already trained.
    Retrain? Why? Is their training DC specific? And, if the federal enclave of 10 square miles, now smaller, VA got their side back, is owned or controlled by the federal government, why doesn't the GSA just take through condemnation, or eminent domain, any good location within the district?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  2. #12
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41,730
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Have them displace the ATF.
    I firmly believe that the BATFE should be outsourced to a private entity. 7-11..Sheetz...WaWa..somebody like that.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I firmly believe that the BATFE should be outsourced to a private entity. 7-11..
    that would be kind a like handing it over to Isis and Al Qaeda.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

  4. #14
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,827
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Retrain? Why? Is their training DC specific? And, if the federal enclave of 10 square miles, now smaller, VA got their side back, is owned or controlled by the federal government, why doesn't the GSA just take through condemnation, or eminent domain, any good location within the district?
    It shouldn't be all that hard to understand. The FBI is filled with investigators , para-legals secretaries, and other workers who may or may not move to a far away state to keep those jobs. Those who do not go will have to be replaced and trained. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.

  5. #15
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    It shouldn't be all that hard to understand. The FBI is filled with investigators , para-legals secretaries, and other workers who may or may not move to a far away state to keep those jobs. Those who do not go will have to be replaced and trained. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.

    Well, isn't West Virginia (Motto: MAURY!!!!MAURY!!!!) just filled with those sort of people? :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

  6. #16
    Happy Creepy Ass Cracka Lurk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    It shouldn't be all that hard to understand. The FBI is filled with investigators , para-legals secretaries, and other workers who may or may not move to a far away state to keep those jobs. Those who do not go will have to be replaced and trained. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.
    You seem to be arguing that the current corral of educated, trained, indoctrinated FBI employees are doing a really great job of protecting America. I would venture that 8 years of Obama/Holder/Lynch has guaranteed all current employees are tainted and should be replaced with new employees.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

  7. #17
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    31,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I would venture that 8 years of Obama/Holder/Lynch has guaranteed all current employees are tainted and should be replaced with new employees.

    not to mention senior level officials rising through the ranks after 8 yrs of Clinton
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

    “There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

    And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

  8. #18
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    It shouldn't be all that hard to understand. The FBI is filled with investigators , para-legals secretaries, and other workers who may or may not move to a far away state to keep those jobs. Those who do not go will have to be replaced and trained. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.
    Maybe if you choose the proper word usage next time. What you wrote; "You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave." This sentence leaves the impression that you are referring to current agents. "Retrain", usually implies that there is someone that is already trained and falling short in certain categorizes, or areas of expertise, or accidentally shot herself in the foot, and needs be "retrained". Now, if you meant to say that there would have to be new agents hired to replace agents that would not make the move, and those new agents would need to be trained, then, maybe you should have wrote that?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  9. #19
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    You seem to be arguing that the current corral of educated, trained, indoctrinated FBI employees are doing a really great job of protecting America. I would venture that 8 years of Obama/Holder/Lynch has guaranteed all current employees are tainted and should be replaced with new employees.
    I must admit that those who work there and voted for Trump have to keep in hiding but not all are Obama lovers.

  10. #20
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,827
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Maybe if you choose the proper word usage next time. What you wrote; "You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave." This sentence leaves the impression that you are referring to current agents. "Retrain", usually implies that there is someone that is already trained and falling short in certain categorizes, or areas of expertise, or accidentally shot herself in the foot, and needs be "retrained". Now, if you meant to say that there would have to be new agents hired to replace agents that would not make the move, and those new agents would need to be trained, then, maybe you should have wrote that?
    Whatever it takes for you to convince yourself that you are right is fine with me. I believe I was perfectly clear, but you go ahead, and dazzle yourself.Also there are many people working there that are not agents.

Members who have read this thread: 62

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |