Decade long serch for new FBI building site collapes....

glhs837

Power with Control
And guess whos to blame?

https://www.google.com/#q=fbi+new+building&spf=1499801163072

this thing has been a political s#%tshow for it's entire story. But now, after collapsing under it's own weight, it's suddenly Trumps fault ....... literally nothing they cannot blame on the guy. It's like the old coworker I had who believed that a prisoner in some jail had developed a cure for AIDS but the gibmint was suppressing it. No amount of reality can intrude on delusions that deep.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A GSA spokesperson cited a funding crunch for the decision to cancel the headquarters search. Former president Barack Obama’s administration had sought $1.4 billion for the project this year, but lawmakers had only agreed to $523 million — leaving an $882 million funding gap.

GSA demanded that the project, estimated to cost $2.5 billion, be fully funded by Congress before moving ahead.

http://wtop.com/local/2017/07/sources-gsa-cancel-relocation-fbi-headquarters/

sounds like Congress is really to blame ........

willie

How old is that place??? It's made of concrete.....was the same company that built the Thomas Johnson bridge involved? No wonder we are up to our ying yang with debt.

Hijinx

Some are blaming Frosh for Maryland not getting the building. I doubt that is the reason , but I hope it pisses off enough republicans to vote Frosh out of the attorney generals office, along with the two Mikes who believe they own Maryland.

The new FBI building at 9th, & Penn. is too small it doesn't hold them all. The FBI is spread around downtown Washington. Too bad they don't build a new one at St. Elizabeths or Walter Reed.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
and givens VAs own Gov Moonbeam and MDs MoonBeam Legislature, we are both out.

There really is no need for the FBI headquarters to be in the District or even in the area. West Virginia needs the funding more than DC, VA, or MD if they really want to be within driving distance of the Hill. Funding is a no-brainer. The Federal Government owns more empty, excess office buildings than most countries. If they really want funding, sell off 10% and you'd have the prettiest campus you want for FBI's to eat their lunches. But absolutely, do not allow Nancy Pelosi's husband to make more millions by brokering the deal.

Hijinx

There really is no need for the FBI headquarters to be in the District or even in the area. West Virginia needs the funding more than DC, VA, or MD if they really want to be within driving distance of the Hill. Funding is a no-brainer. The Federal Government owns more empty, excess office buildings than most countries. If they really want funding, sell off 10% and you'd have the prettiest campus you want for FBI's to eat their lunches. But absolutely, do not allow Nancy Pelosi's husband to make more millions by brokering the deal.

Moving the FBI away from Washington would entail moving a thousand or more people with it.
You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave.

Of course you are right they could move to Wyoming if they wanted but still you would lose a lot of people who are already trained.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Moving the FBI away from Washington would entail moving a thousand or more people with it. You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave. Of course you are right they could move to Wyoming if they wanted but still you would lose a lot of people who are already trained.

Retrain? Why? Is their training DC specific? And, if the federal enclave of 10 square miles, now smaller, VA got their side back, is owned or controlled by the federal government, why doesn't the GSA just take through condemnation, or eminent domain, any good location within the district?

Hijinx

If I may ...

Retrain? Why? Is their training DC specific? And, if the federal enclave of 10 square miles, now smaller, VA got their side back, is owned or controlled by the federal government, why doesn't the GSA just take through condemnation, or eminent domain, any good location within the district?

It shouldn't be all that hard to understand. The FBI is filled with investigators , para-legals secretaries, and other workers who may or may not move to a far away state to keep those jobs. Those who do not go will have to be replaced and trained. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.

glhs837

Power with Control
It shouldn't be all that hard to understand. The FBI is filled with investigators , para-legals secretaries, and other workers who may or may not move to a far away state to keep those jobs. Those who do not go will have to be replaced and trained. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.

Well, isn't West Virginia (Motto: MAURY!!!!MAURY!!!!) just filled with those sort of people? :)

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

You seem to be arguing that the current corral of educated, trained, indoctrinated FBI employees are doing a really great job of protecting America. I would venture that 8 years of Obama/Holder/Lynch has guaranteed all current employees are tainted and should be replaced with new employees.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I would venture that 8 years of Obama/Holder/Lynch has guaranteed all current employees are tainted and should be replaced with new employees.

not to mention senior level officials rising through the ranks after 8 yrs of Clinton

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Maybe if you choose the proper word usage next time. What you wrote; "You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave." This sentence leaves the impression that you are referring to current agents. "Retrain", usually implies that there is someone that is already trained and falling short in certain categorizes, or areas of expertise, or accidentally shot herself in the foot, and needs be "retrained". Now, if you meant to say that there would have to be new agents hired to replace agents that would not make the move, and those new agents would need to be trained, then, maybe you should have wrote that?

Hijinx

You seem to be arguing that the current corral of educated, trained, indoctrinated FBI employees are doing a really great job of protecting America. I would venture that 8 years of Obama/Holder/Lynch has guaranteed all current employees are tainted and should be replaced with new employees.

I must admit that those who work there and voted for Trump have to keep in hiding but not all are Obama lovers.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Maybe if you choose the proper word usage next time. What you wrote; "You would have to retrain for those who wouldn't leave." This sentence leaves the impression that you are referring to current agents. "Retrain", usually implies that there is someone that is already trained and falling short in certain categorizes, or areas of expertise, or accidentally shot herself in the foot, and needs be "retrained". Now, if you meant to say that there would have to be new agents hired to replace agents that would not make the move, and those new agents would need to be trained, then, maybe you should have wrote that?

Whatever it takes for you to convince yourself that you are right is fine with me. I believe I was perfectly clear, but you go ahead, and dazzle yourself.Also there are many people working there that are not agents.