Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Did Woodrow Know?

What Did Woodrow Know?

Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something

The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something

The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy.
    I don't quite agree, but there is definitely a grassroots movement in both parties that feel this way.

If I may ...

Are you referring to Woodrow Wilson? The fella that usurped the constitution by signing into law the federal reserve act of 1913 that established a private central bank that gave bankers carte blanche to financially rape the country and the citizens thereof? The very law, that till this day, is the cause of nearly all the misery laid upon this nation? The law that created an environment where it is extremely difficult to save for retirement because of the loss of the purchasing value of the dollar caused by the expansion of the money supply? The law that creates a scarcity of currency by never creating the interest that is due on all loans but only the principle that creates foreclosures, homelessness, job loss etc. because it shrinks the money in circulation caused by the bankers refusing to give loans for whatever reason of the day? The Woodrow that signed into law America's financial death warrant? That Woodrow?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

It's Rittenhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Are you referring to Woodrow Wilson?

That Woodrow?

I'm thinking ....

Woodrow Wilson: America’s Worst and First Fascist President

He rejected the principles of “separation of powers” and “checks and balances” that are the foundation of American government: “Government does now whatever experience permits or the times demand….” wrote Wilson in The State.

[clip]

Wilson created the first official propaganda department in the US.

A week after Congress declared war on Germany, Wilson created a government apparatus whose sole purpose was to lie to the American people, the first modern ministry for propaganda in the West. It was called the Committee on Public Information and was led by journalist George Creel.

Edward Bernays, an adviser to Wilson and participant in CPI operations, characterized the mission of CPI as the “engineering of consent” and “the conscious manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses.”

A typical poster for Liberty Bonds read: “I am Public Opinion. All men fear me!…[I]f you have money to buy and do not buy, I will make this No Man’s Land for you!” Other posters were created to mobilize the public and silence dissent.

A trained group of nearly a hundred thousand men gave four minute speeches to any audience that would listen. They portrayed Wilson as a larger-than-life leader and the Germans as less-than-human Huns, emphasizing fabricated German war crimes and horrors.

CPI released propaganda films entitled The Claws of the Hun, The Prussian Cur, To Hell With The Kaiser, and The Kaiser, the Beast of Berlin.

Wilson harshly suppressed dissent and resistance among citizens and the press.

At Wilson’s urging, a Sedition Act (not unlike the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 ) forbade Americans from criticizing their own government in a time of war. Citizens could not “utter, print, write or publish any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language” about the government or the military. The Postmaster General was given the authority to revoke the mailing privileges of those who disobeyed. About 75 periodicals were were shut down by the government in this way and many others were given warnings.

In the fashion of a police state, the Department of Justice arrested tens of thousands of individuals without just cause. One was not safe even within the walls of one’s own home to criticize the Wilson administration. A letter to federal attorneys and marshals said that citizens had nothing to fear as long as they “Obey the law; keep your mouth shut.” In fact, the Justice Department created the precursor to the Gestapo called the American Protective League. Its job was to spy on fellow citizens and turn in “seditious” persons or draft dodgers. In September of 1918 in NYC, the APL rounded up about 50,000 people. This doesn’t even include the infamous Palmer Raids (named after Wilson’s attorney general) that occurred after the war.

In 1915, in his address to Congress, Wilson declared, “The gravest threats against our national peace and safety have been uttered within our own borders. There are citizens of the United States, I blush to admit, born under other flags…who have poured the poison of disloyalty into the very arteries of our national life; who have sought to bring the authority and good name of our Government into contempt, to destroy our industries wherever they thought it effective for their vindictive purposes….”

All in all it is estimated that about 175,000 Americans were arrested for failing to demonstrate their patriotism in one way or another.

Liberal Fascism has a great chapter on Wilson
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    I'm thinking ....

Liberal Fascism has a great chapter on Wilson
    His quotes are very telling, regardless of which side of the fence he was on.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    His quotes are very telling, regardless of which side of the fence he was on.
    How would we know. You didn't quote him
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I don't feel like fixn' it.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    It's Rittenhouse!
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Yes she did: Woodrow Wilson quote.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 49