Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Birth Abortion Becomes Acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Straight up, I don't care what scuzzy people do with their spawn. One less future welfare douche or criminal is how I feel about it. The children of these people are not going to grow up to be productive responsible citizens, so why do we care if they want to cull their own herd?
    Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    One of these kids born out of wedlock to a thug and a whore could turn out to cure cancer.
    But you people go ahead and judge the unborn.

Each time this conversation comes up you head farther and farther down the rabbit hole.

I'll sleep well tonight, So how many of the surplus unwanted infants through teens in the US have you adapted and raised through college?
    You should look into adopting a black kid or three, theirs plenty available.
    You could help out the next Ben Carson..
    Last edited by black dog; 07-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I've tried to have that philosophical discussion repeatedly on just this exact point. No one is capable, it seems, of adjusting their thinking.
    It is because it is a strawman argument. A fetus can not live outside the womb without physically being connected to and feeding off the mothers body. Once it is born it can be nourished and raised by anyone with time , patience and milk. The mother or host is no longer necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    You could help out the next Ben Carson..
    Or Colin Kaepernick.

Why would i even consider having a conversation with you on murder or abortion when you cant even differentiate between the two.
    The obvious reason would be to try and listen to understand, not to reply, and figure out why I think killing is killing.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    My personal views on abortion really don't matter here and being for or against abortion doesn't change my mind here. My stance is that it's a woman's choice. In a free society, in a society where you argued with Sap for pages and pages about the freedom to discriminate, women should have that choice.

I'm saying that the woman gave birth. The child was out of her. She then killed it. I'm not willing to equate that level of evil to a woman getting an abortion.
    Explain to me what you believe the difference is. Why is killing before the cord is cut "the woman's choice", but this choice the woman made "a level of evil"?

If the objective is to change someone's mind instead of having a discussion, sure. Just because people don't "adjust their way of thinking" doesn't mean a discussion can't be had.
    Fair enough. I'm happy to have the conversation.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

The hypocrisy has always surprised me.
    It's actually not hypocrisy. While I am not condoning the whole involuntary-sterilization or racists things, but wanting to let people be born "even though, statistically speaking, these kids are likely to grow up and be another drain on society" means that we want them to not be drains on society - whether that is through their own actions to be responsible for themselves or removing the life-long-load-on-society programs that let people be those drains (and, instead, give them a chance to NOT be a drain).

That's all about personal responsibility. This is NOT about anything beyond that. We don't want Woman A to kill Woman B any more than we want Woman A to kill Child A. We don't want to support Drain A, but we're not willing to put a preemptive death penalty on them for "statistically speaking". We expect Woman A to have personal responsibility (and Man A) to do what all is necessary to not get pregnant if they don't want to, but not the authority to KILL someone for their inability to achieve the goal of not being pregnant.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Yeah, cause that happens all the time.
    I knew a guy who was an unwanted child born of a mother in a mixed-race relationship where the baby-daddy left early on and provided no support. The kid went from home to home with this unwed mother and her string of new boyfriends and husbands, moved him all over the place, until the maternal grandparents had to take control of the kid.

You know him too. As "President Obama".
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    You know him too. As "President Obama".
    Crap!

Now, I'm in favor of abortion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Disgusting
    Spare me your selective outrage and hypocrisy.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 90