PETA nutters harass fishermen

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
IMO the police made a bad call. Protest and be an ass in public all you want. Once the guy threw the fish back into the water, he broke the law.

Video in the article.

The animals rights group called Direct Action Everywhere Pinellas was close to a child that was with the group approached Hope that he was concerned about the fish. The boy also told him that fish have feelings and to release it back in the water.

“I turned to him and said I respect your opinion but I don’t share your opinion so we’re going to continue fishing. That’s when six or seven people ambushed us that what we were doing is wrong and we’re hurting the fish,” says Hope.
Kayla Leaming with Direct Action Everywhere Pinellas says they were simply just trying to save the lives of animals and did nothing wrong.

“These grown men were extremely hostile and laughed in his face,” says Leaming.
Leaming says the group has been getting death threats and now worries for the safety of her children.

Hope feels his rights were violated since their fish was taken away.

As far as the fish, the police department says since it wasn’t in a bucket or cooler or there is really no way to prove who owned the fish.

snowflakes don't fish

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
We had PETA protest at a Marlin Tournament I fished one year.
The organizers pleaded with us not to kick their asses

Wishbone

I'm surprised those two guys didn't grab the little ####bag and throw him over the rail.

That would have been worth seeing. :yay:

black dog

Free America
Yea the cop was wrong, one would think that the man with the fishing rod would own the only fish hats not in the water.
Florida has hunter harassment laws..

379.105 Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers.—
(1) A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:
(a) Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.
(b) Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.
(2) Any person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 379.401.
History.—s. 2, ch. 90-170; s. 27, ch. 2006-304; s. 9, ch. 2008-247.
Note.—Former s. 372.705.

And yes, it should have been a beatdown.

Wishbone

Perhaps if bones started getting broken, anatomy cut off, blood started flowing all these clusters of freaks would start disappearing.