Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Snowflakes...

Speaking of Snowflakes...

I've had a bumper sticker on my truck, been there since I got the truck in '14, and had one on my previous truck for years before that. It says, "I Brake for Snowflake".

"Snowflake" is a nice little ice cream shop on Long Island that I frequent when I'm up there, very similar to Brusters in their offerings. I used to love how people would pull up behind me at a light, and watch their reactions. Most of the time it was a huge grin and a smile. Sometimes it was a look of confusion. I was always stopped in the parking lot and asked what Snowflake was. Regardless, it was fun.

After the last election, it was no longer fun. Snowflake took on a whole new meaning and my bumper sticker was now getting angry looks and nasty comments, because it now sounded like I was a snowflake sympathizer. I started to see odd little parking lot dings in the truck, more in recent months than I had in the 13 years I owned my previous truck.

Today I peeled the sticker off. I'm pissed something that was so innocent for years is now an anger causing problem.

I agree with WR. People suck, especially when they have no idea what they are talking about and jump to an incorrect conclusion.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Sorry. I didn't realize it was your truck.

"Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

GW, that sucks. Some people get so wrapped up in politics and derogatory terms for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realize it was your truck.

Inorite! The other day I tried to run him off the road..not realizing it was GW, of course. heh heh...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I'm taking notes and keeping a list, guys.......

Name:  watching you.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  26.0 KB
    The Brain

I've seen you before. Caught my eye because of how "some ppl I know" refer to young men in sports who need constant coddling.

Quote Originally Posted by inkah View Post
    young men in sports who need constant coddling.
    Yep..nailed it...that's GW awrite...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Yep..nailed it...that's GW awrite...
    On all 3 counts...
    The Brain

I repeat.... people suck.

Just got off the phone w/ my brother, who is at my parent's house. Mom couldn't find her checkbook for a while, then it mysteriously popped up in a place she was sure she had checked. Got her statement today and quickly realized there were checks missing from her register that had been cashed to the tune of $3K. Glad my bro was there to help her.

This is where it gets interesting... Stupid person signed the checks with her own name. Bank was able to confirm the same name on all the checks. We contracted a Companion Care outfit last year, person drives for them. Turns out it was someone hired by the outfit to drive my parents to town 3 time a week.

The responding officer knows her. Knows her family. Officer's daughter went to school with the suspected perp. Officer responded to an ATV accident recently involving this person, who is currently in the hospital. We know exactly where she is. Took my brother all of a few hours from discovery to finding the perp. Kudos.

The drivers are vetted, background checks run, etc... before being hired. Driver answered all the questions right, checked all the right boxes, passed the background. She took my mom's checkbook and cashed multiple checks, then returned the checkbook.

She's in a heap o trouble.
    The Brain

Sure glad for her that the perp was found so quickly

Members who have read this thread: 101